Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ajc.com/hp/content/shared-ge ... ttack.html

Teachers Stage Fake Gun Attack on Kids
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. â€" Staff members of an elementary school staged a fictitious gun attack on students during a class trip, telling them it was not a drill as the children cried and hid under tables.

The mock attack Thursday night was intended as a learning experience and lasted five minutes during the weeklong trip to a state park, said Scales Elementary School Assistant Principal Don Bartch, who led the trip.

"We got together and discussed what we would have done in a real situation," he said.

But parents of the sixth-grade students were outraged.

"The children were in that room in the dark, begging for their lives, because they thought there was someone with a gun after them," said Brandy Cole, whose son went on the trip.

Some parents said they were upset by the staff's poor judgment in light of the April 16 shootings at Virginia Tech that left 33 students and professors dead, including the gunman.

During the last night of the trip, staff members convinced the 69 students that there was a gunman on the loose. They were told to lie on the floor or hide underneath tables and stay quiet. A teacher, disguised in a hooded sweat shirt, even pulled on locked door.

After the lights went out, about 20 kids started to cry, 11-year-old Shay Naylor said.

"I was like, 'Oh My God,' " she said. "At first I thought I was going to die. We flipped out."

Principal Catherine Stephens declined to say whether the staff members involved would face disciplinary action, but said the situation "involved poor judgment."
Unreal. I see this country heading in a very, VERY bad direction as of late. This was supposed to help... how? :evil:

Spreading fear and paranoia? More reasons for home-schooling.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
WTF is their GD problem?!

Those teachers should be dragged before the flag pole and summarily shot. There is absolutely no excuse for their actions.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Dan H said:
How do they think they can do something like that without parental consent?
Consent? They don't need no stinkin' consent! They belong to the most powerful union in the country that shows outright hatred towards any efforts to fire a union member for any reason. They do whatever they damn well please and they know they won't get fired for it. Not one of them will lose their job.

If those were my kids, I'd be talking to the meanest, nastiest lawyer I could find right about now. Absolutely sickening.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Reason # 4,579,326.3 I got out of education.

·
Romans 10:13
4,652 Posts
Dan H said:
They do whatever they damn well please and they know they won't get fired for it. Not one of them will lose their job.
It's called tenure.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Imagine if someone was armed, or one of the kids decided to get "offensive" and hit the "attacker" with a chair or stabbed him with a pencil.

Now THAT I'd like to see. Unfortunately it didn't turn out that way.

I talked to my 9, 13, and 14 year old boys about this type of situation and what they should do. I'm happy to report that they listen to me over their teachers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts