Teacher Fired Gun at Georgia High School

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by phantoms, Feb 28, 2018.

1. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

http://time.com/5179477/dalton-high-school-shooting/

(DALTON, Ga.) — A teacher barricaded himself inside a locked classroom at a Georgia high school on Wednesday and apparently fired a single shot from a handgun, authorities said.

No students were in the classroom at the time, and the only injury reported was a student who hurt their ankle running when Dalton High School was evacuated.

The teacher was identified by the Dalton Police Department as 53-year-old Jesse Randall Davidson, a social studies teacher and play-by-play voice of the Dalton football team.

Police spokesman Bruce Frazier said the teacher was taken into custody after a 30- to 45-minute standoff with officers.

No doubt a crazy that wants to debunk the teachers with guns theory.

2. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Active Member

I was thinking the same thing

3. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

This is the ultimate virtue signal. He martyred his career to ban guns.

4. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Active Member

If he has tenure he claims temporary insanity, goes thru counseling and is moved elsewhere.

5. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

These are the people that are teaching kids? I still say close the schools. Problem solved...

Smilodon and Phil1979 like this.
  6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

This will set back school carry for at least a decade and a half.

A. McClure likes this.
  7. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

His intended goal.

Our side: sorry, can't go to the capitol; I don't get PTO. :-(
    Their side: I just killed my career and will now go to jail to help ban guns. :)

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Is there any evidence or clue as to his motivation?

9. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

He wasn't licensed.
    38 snub nose.
    He and his wife filed for 2nd bankruptcy in 2015, listed 6 rifles and 1 shotgun in filing.

10. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

http://www.11alive.com/article/news...ng-himself-at-dalton-high-school/85-524092553

Teacher faces several charges after firing shot, barricading himself at Dalton High School
    No students were hurt.

Author: Catherine Park, Staff
    Published: 6:09 PM EST February 28, 2018
    DALTON, Ga. - A teacher is in custody and facing multiple charges after a shot was fired inside of a local high school, according to Dalton City Police.

Reports show that 53-year-old Jesse Randall Davidson, a high school teacher and sports radio personality, has been arrested on charges of aggravated assault with a gun, terroristic threats and acts, carrying a weapon in a school safety zone - non-license, reckless conduct, disrupting a public school and possessing a firearm during the commission of a felony. He will make a first apperance Thursday at 2 p.m.

11. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I see at least two felony charges and lots of potential jail time for him.

12. GlockGary

GlockGary Glock Block Supporter

13. Smilodon

Smilodon Member

I see a charge listed above for non license, what about the fact that you don't need a license to carry at your job?

14. awanatech

awanatech Active Member

But you do need one to carry within the school zone.

15. Smilodon

Smilodon Member

Correct, but he wasn't picking up or dropping off students, so that wouldn't apply anyway. Right? If it wasn't a school or government building he wouldn't need a license to carry. Is it just a add on charge, just because they can?

16. Dawgdoc

Dawgdoc Active Member

This is just down the road. Facebook reports (who knows how reliable?) say he was critical of Trump's thoughts and prayers for shooting victims, and he made a post that said listening to AC/DC is worse than microwaving a cat. Not a classic rock fan.

My go-to response to anyone using this to scoff at the idea of teachers carrying: it is offensive to our teachers to compare this unstable criminal to them. He obviously did not care about the law regarding school zones and licensed carry, so he doesn't represent a gun-carrying teacher anymore than a gang banger. He was not legally carrying and then snapped; he deliberately chose to violate multiple laws.

I saw a blurb that he lost a special needs child recently.

17. Dawgdoc

Dawgdoc Active Member

18. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 2

19. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

So again, I must emphasize this ... a person should not be around children if they cannot be trusted with a gun.