Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave a gun laws presentation to the Gwinnett/ North Metro chapter of the TEA party (I forget the exact name; United Tea Party of Georgia or something like that) earlier this week.

Part of the talk was about normal Georgia gun laws, and then I switched to discussing the Georgia and federal rules on exotic weapons that the National Firearms Act covers. I spoke about rule 41, Trusts vs. individual ownership, etc. We talked about the Hearing Protection Act, and I urged these TEA party folks to get on board to support that tax reform, freedom-enhancing law.

Then we went outside and three people (myself and two others) shot some of our weapons for the crowd. I demonstrated two .22LR host firearms with and without the can in place, but for others who brought centerfire guns, they could only shoot them suppressed. But we all demonstrated both supersonic and subsonic ammo.
The meeting place was the local Cumming V.F.W. post; they have a shotgun range on their property with a big dirt backstop suitable to stop any caliber bullets.

I'm pictured with my Browning Buckmark, showing my AAC "Pilot" suppressor to the crowd of about 50 people.

https://www.forsythnews.com/local/l...holds-demonstration-forsyth-county-tea-party/

P.S. Cherokee Gun & Pawn brought over several suppressors for a static (non-shooting) table display. That was very nice of them, and I hope they make some sales based on this event.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
nice write up in the paper!

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The United TEA Party of GA held this event again, but only the shooting and not a presentation on the NFA's laws and ATF's procedures.

It was raining, and we were outside, and we did not have access to the meeting room inside the building because a little while ago a truck knocked down the power wires going into the VFW building, so we had blackout conditions in there while we shot a .300 Blackout outside! And a Ruger MK4 pistol (.22lr). a lever action .38/.357 with subsonic .38 spl ammo, a Glock 19, which was mostly used with heavy subsonic ammo through a suppressor, but at a certain point they took the suppressor off and shot the same ammo through it --quite a difference!

The .22 bolt action rifle suppressed was Hollywood quiet. Like a kid's BB gun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.