Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLAINFIELD, New Hampshire (AP) -- To avoid serving prison sentences for tax evasion, Ed Brown and his wife, Elaine, have locked themselves off from the world on their own terms.

From behind the 8-inch concrete walls of their 110-acre hilltop compound, the couple taunt police and SWAT teams and play to reporters and government-haters with references to past standoffs that turned deadly.

Residents want the Browns' circus to end before their small town along the Connecticut River becomes the next Ruby Ridge or Waco.

The Browns raised the specter of the first case, the 1992 shootout at an Idaho property called Ruby Ridge, by holding a news conference Monday with Randy Weaver, whose wife and child were killed there along with a deputy U.S. marshal.

Ed Brown warned authorities they wouldn't take him alive: "We either walk out of here free or we die."
More at CNN.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
Am I wrong for secretly supporting this guy? I don't want to see any LEOs injured, but I like tax protesters. :roll:

*NOTE: I pay my taxes.

**OTHER NOTE: Cave divers are NUTS! :)
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,974 Posts
Town selectmen recently asked [U.S. Marshall] Monier to stop the influx of militiamen and other anti-government groups to the Browns' home and to bring the couple to justice.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,974 Posts
But Ed Brown and many town residents believe it was a botched raid that apparently had to be called off when someone walking a dog stumbled onto federal agents in camouflage near the home.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,974 Posts
If people can continue to visit them, to bring them supplies, with diesel fuel and food, they can stay there for a long time."
So they are letting people into the house as reinforcements? Why?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
I don't want any LEO's hurt but i do have props for this guy standing up. He should be talking about the FairTax not no tax becuase no taxation will never happen and cannot but i bet this thing will not end nicely.

I like how they killed the power to their house but they have solar power and i think they said wind as well. The couple said they couldn't even tell they killed the power to their home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,593 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
How are they going to "win"?
They keep it up and they are going to win a dirt nap. You don't win stand offs with the Govt.

Ask Randy Weaver or the Branch Dividians.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,172 Posts
Rammstein said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
How are they going to "win"?
By staying alive and not being captured.
Eventually, they'll die of old age.

The stand off will end when the nutjob or his wife has a medical emergency they can't take care of themselves. They probably have supplies to last for at least a year or two. A lot can happen in that length of time.

Of course, the rest of us taxpayers will be footing the bill for 24-hour perimeter duty by a few dozen federal agents plus state and local LEOs and whatever else shows up. After a couple of million spent that way, it will end quietly. The govt. won't attack, they'll just wait. And wait... And wait...

Eventually, :handcuffs: followed by :jail:

Until then, the meter just keeps ticking over and over and over...!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
Macktee said:
Rammstein said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
How are they going to "win"?
By staying alive and not being captured.
Eventually, they'll die of old age.

The stand off will end when the nutjob or his wife has a medical emergency they can't take care of themselves. They probably have supplies to last for at least a year or two. A lot can happen in that length of time.

Of course, the rest of us taxpayers will be footing the bill for 24-hour perimeter duty by a few dozen federal agents plus state and local LEOs and whatever else shows up. After a couple of million spent that way, it will end quietly. The govt. won't attack, they'll just wait. And wait... And wait...

Eventually, :handcuffs: followed by :jail:

Until then, the meter just keeps ticking over and over and over...!
He said he will live free or die. So I am guessing that before they get to him he'll put a conically shaped piece of lead and copper into the ol' noggin.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,624 Posts
They're barricaded behind an 8 inch thick concrete wall, eating SOS every day, and they're surrounded 24/7 by goons. Yeah, that's living free all right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
I agree with his idea of no income tax but I don't very much care for the way he's gone about protesting it. I pay my income tax too, well it is automatically deducted by Uncle Sam so I don't have a choice. He says that he'll pay if they show him a law, that's crap if you ask me. He should be protesting because it is a bad tax, not because the government hasn't made it lawful.

I was reading one of the comments on another board somewhere and the person brought up a good point. We've got sales tax to pay for state government, property tax to pay for schools, fuel tax to pay for roads, etc. Why do we need income tax? I think it is unfair. Not only that it isn't very efficient. A national sales tax would be much easier to impliment and harder to work around.

He's going to die in that place I think. I just hope he takes a few government stormtroopers with him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
AV8R said:
They're barricaded behind an 8 inch thick concrete wall, eating SOS every day, and they're surrounded 24/7 by goons. Yeah, that's living free all right.
Better to live one day on your feet than a thousand days on your knees.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
luke0927 said:
I like how they killed the power to their house but they have solar power and i think they said wind as well. The couple said they couldn't even tell they killed the power to their home.
A lot of folks who have gone to solar/wind power actually feed electricty into the grid and get paid for it by the electric company.

If it wasn't so stinkin' expensive I would install Solar panels on my house in a heartbeat.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top