"Tax dodgers taunt police from hilltop compound"

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Cavediver, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

More at CNN.com

2. M249

M249 New Member

Am I wrong for secretly supporting this guy? I don't want to see any LEOs injured, but I like tax protesters. :roll:

*NOTE: I pay my taxes.

**OTHER NOTE: Cave divers are NUTS! :)

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

4. Malum Prohibitum

5. Malum Prohibitum

So they are letting people into the house as reinforcements? Why?

6. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

I don't want any LEO's hurt but i do have props for this guy standing up. He should be talking about the FairTax not no tax becuase no taxation will never happen and cannot but i bet this thing will not end nicely.

I like how they killed the power to their house but they have solar power and i think they said wind as well. The couple said they couldn't even tell they killed the power to their home.

7. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

It seems odd that people are being allowed into the home/premises. That's just downright bad tactics.

8. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Yes doesn't seem to smart does it.....

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

cool.

I hope they win.

10. Malum Prohibitum

How are they going to "win"?

11. ber950

ber950 Active Member

They keep it up and they are going to win a dirt nap. You don't win stand offs with the Govt.

Ask Randy Weaver or the Branch Dividians.

12. Foul

Foul New Member

Probably because they don't want to be shot from behind.

13. kaizer

kaizer New Member

That guy is a nutbag. I bet his neighbors love him.

14. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

By staying alive and not being captured.

15. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Eventually, they'll die of old age.

The stand off will end when the nutjob or his wife has a medical emergency they can't take care of themselves. They probably have supplies to last for at least a year or two. A lot can happen in that length of time.

Of course, the rest of us taxpayers will be footing the bill for 24-hour perimeter duty by a few dozen federal agents plus state and local LEOs and whatever else shows up. After a couple of million spent that way, it will end quietly. The govt. won't attack, they'll just wait. And wait... And wait...

Eventually, :handcuffs: followed by :jail:

Until then, the meter just keeps ticking over and over and over...!

16. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

He said he will live free or die. So I am guessing that before they get to him he'll put a conically shaped piece of lead and copper into the ol' noggin.

17. AV8R

AV8R Banned

They're barricaded behind an 8 inch thick concrete wall, eating SOS every day, and they're surrounded 24/7 by goons. Yeah, that's living free all right.

18. Mobster989

Mobster989 New Member

I agree with his idea of no income tax but I don't very much care for the way he's gone about protesting it. I pay my income tax too, well it is automatically deducted by Uncle Sam so I don't have a choice. He says that he'll pay if they show him a law, that's crap if you ask me. He should be protesting because it is a bad tax, not because the government hasn't made it lawful.

I was reading one of the comments on another board somewhere and the person brought up a good point. We've got sales tax to pay for state government, property tax to pay for schools, fuel tax to pay for roads, etc. Why do we need income tax? I think it is unfair. Not only that it isn't very efficient. A national sales tax would be much easier to impliment and harder to work around.

He's going to die in that place I think. I just hope he takes a few government stormtroopers with him.

19. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Better to live one day on your feet than a thousand days on your knees.

20. Axeman

Axeman New Member

A lot of folks who have gone to solar/wind power actually feed electricty into the grid and get paid for it by the electric company.

If it wasn't so stinkin' expensive I would install Solar panels on my house in a heartbeat.