Tavor TS12 News Leaked

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Fallschirmjäger, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Opening Salvo... more posted in five minutes (this is a placeholder)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And for those who were distracted by the green sweater...
    [​IMG]

2. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I wonder what Massachusetts will think of it. Looks a little more dangerous than those bump stocks they seemed so concerned about...
    [​IMG]

3. Fallschirmjäger

Per TheFirearmBlog

4. Fallschirmjäger

IWI would seem to be a non-domestic brand, and as such subject to being delcared a "Destructive Device" due to it's being heavier, wider, and bulkier than a shotgun with a 'sporting purpose' (rolleyes).
    The saving grace of the Siaga is that it's imported in a 'sporting version', and the other shotguns in the same category are domestically produced.

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

There's really no reason that all combat shotguns that are of a fundamentally different design than their sporting-heritage ancestors cannot be reclassified as "destructive devices" by BATF. They are firearms. They shoot projectiles through a bore that's over .50" wide. (Only the .410 caliber shotguns don't meet that standard; all the 12 and 20 gauge guns do, even 28 gauge). They can be reclassified by the Secretary of the Treasury as "non sporting" just the way that the USAS-12, Striker-12, and Street Sweeper were back in the 1990s.

6. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Of course. Nobody would ever consider a $1,000 Beretta O/U a "destructive device." Ya know, cause it looks so pretty and everything. :shakehead:

7. Fallschirmjäger

According to the sub-text of the ATF's ruling..the whole 'some 23 gauge shotguns are DD's and other 12 gauge shotguns are not' was entirely subjective and based on physical characteristics other than caliber/gauge.