Taurus PT 24 7 PRO .45

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by ki4dmh, Jul 19, 2007.

1. ki4dmh

ki4dmh New Member

Has anybody had any exp. with this weapon? I was looking at getting one for a backup. Any info would be appreciated.
    Scott

2. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

No experience with the 24/7 but I like the PT140.

They're well-made, reliable weapons.

3. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

No, but I have a PT1911 that is well put together. I will find out how reliable it is when I put it through its paces this Saturday.

I haven't heard any negatives on it...so that is a good thing.

Ask Kestak, I think he has one, not sure whether .40 or 9mm

4. Bushhogs

Bushhogs New Member

The 24-7pro is my carry. I have about 5000 rnd in it with no FTFire or FTFeed. Hate the straight 8 sights.

Bill

5. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

I carry a 24/7 9mm as daily carry. I really like the gun for what I paid for it new. If I had more money I would probably have to say the SW M&P that Adam has in 9mm. But for the price, never had an issue with it. for whatever reason I can get pretty tight groups where others that try it have larger groups. I think once you get used to the long trigger pull all is well. I noticed from the M&P and then shooting my gun again, it takes a few shots to get used to the trigger length.

I would recommend it to anybody that wants to save a few bucks and get a quality product as the others above have mentioned about their Taurus products.

6. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

24/7 in 9mm owner here. Never had any issue.

HOWEVER, I read many owners of the .45 ACP ones having feeding issues. Check on the taurus.net forums for the latest news on those issues.

Moreover, the .45 24/7 does not have the very comfy, warmy, lovely, blah blah blah rubber grip that the 9mm has.
    Thank you