Taurus Millenium Pro

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Adam5, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Does anyone here own one? How do you like it?

2. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I used to have a PT140.

It was a pretty good gun, but I was never able to get the accuracy I wanted from it. I'm sure that this was user error rather than a problem with the gun itself, but I've since moved on to a full-size carry that I greatly prefer.

3. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

I have one. In fact, my wife is using it and she loves it. In fact it is her favorite gun to shoot...because of the BIG recoil (her words). It is a .45acp and it snaps in your hands for sure. However, that snap made her practice her grip a lot and now she can shoot well with any handgun.

Thank you

4. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Very reliable gun. I had one but sold it a little over a year later. I had a PT-111.

I never had any problems with it function wise.

The trigger was smooth and light, BUT i didn't like how far the trigger pull was. It seemed like a mile before the gun fired.

The trigger was why i sold mine. I felt it had a big impact on how accurate i was with it.

I practiced and practiced with it, but never got the accuracy that i get out of my 1911 officer's right out of the box.

I'm a single action fan. That was the only double action weapon i had and the last.

5. gsusnake

That's about how I felt.

HUGE trigger pull. Impossible to be terribly accurate.

Last Taurus I'll ever own, just based on that.

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It looks like I'm picking up a PT111 Mill Pro Sat morning. Nick's has them for $309 with blued slide and $319 with stainless slide.

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

The straight eight sights take a little getting used to and have a slightly different sight picture than most people are used to, but I have used them before and they aren't much different than the sights that my PPK/S had.

8. gsusnake

Get blued.

I left mine slightly exposed to weather once, didn't dry it off completely, and it rusted. :evil:

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I was leaning that way, primarily because I'm not sure how I like the look of the two tone.

10. gsusnake

Didn't you shoot my 140 at the last shoot?

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I think that it's one of the few guns that I didn't shoot that day.

12. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

Strange that we have the same reviews of the Mil Pro. I could never get it to be consistently accurate either and the trigger pull was a mile long. Mine was gone within 3 trips to the range.

13. gsusnake

Even after I was used to shooting the thing, best group I ever got was 6" at 10 yards.

First trip to the range with the 226... one big, ragged hole at 10 yards. Same ammo, same target, same range even.

14. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

My Kahr PM9 certainly has it's downside and it's my least favorite gun of all I own. But, I can shoot the heck out of it and it groups tight and consistent. Not the most comfortable gun and its trigger pull is long.....but only 1/3 as long as Mil Pro was.

15. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

I wouldn't write Taurus off for that alone. I've got 3 other Taurus firearms and i like all three.

My PT-1911 I absolutely love. Other than the thin finish, I have nothing to complain about. Even then, when i bought it, i told myself, i'm gonna wear this gun out. I carry a Kimber for defense but the Taurus gets more rounds through it. It has had no problems, i'd trust my life to it.

My Raging Bull is great. I have a .45 colt that i load to low .454 speeds. It handles it without a problem. It's a "bull" for sure. With it's 8 3/8ths barrel, i hit what i am aiming for everytime.

I also have one of those (fairly) new Thunderbolts. This one was a bit of a pain at first (because it's new) in that it took a little smithing to get it to work reliably, but i love this rifle now. It's accurate as all get out and a hoot to shoot. The next gun in the same design costs at least 3x as much. A little smithing is nothing to me for a pump action .45 colt that i could afford. If i was going to spend another 1000.00 on another rifle, it wouldn't be a .45 colt, it'd be an M14.

I wouldn't write Taurus off. Not one bit. They have their place. I like the brand. It fits my wallet better than any other brand out there. I've got a Bushmaster and Kimber which i paid bookoos for, but for the price, Taurus really can't be beat.

The one time i turned down a Taurus was buying my SAA. The only gun that fit my budget was a Ruger Vaquero. I never even gave one thought to a Taurus Gaucho.

16. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

I carry a Taurus 24/7 everyday and I trust it to go bang when I need it. The only time it didnt go bang is because of the cheap range ammo. I have at least 4K rounds through it now and never had a jam (it eats anything). I have only had 3 bad rounds and I wrote it off to the ammo not the gun.

Yes the trigger is a mile long and man after that first shot, things are alot better and shorter. I am looking for a G26 because of the size and trigger pull. If the trigger was shorter I may not be looking for the G26 as much.

Accuracy, I guess I am lucky as I have gotten used to that first "here to eternity" trigger pull! I can hold decent groups with it. For a close defense gun it is sure nice on the wallet . I wont be selling it as it has a purpose in my opinion. If I didnt like the G26 as much I may be looking for a smaller Taurus. I think its a great bang for the buck!

17. Dan4010

Dan4010 New Member

Ditto about all things said about the Taurus,,,,My wifes fav gun... she has a PT 140 Mil......very nice gun.

18. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

A friend had one. It jammed after every round.

19. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

My second ever handgun purchase was a PT140. It failed to go into battery so much that it literally gave me nightmares. I traded it and didn't even think about Taurus again till I heard about the PT1911.

My PT1911 had teething troubles, but seems to be GTG now. The extractor was replaced as well as the junky Taurus mags. I will give a big thumbs up to Taurus customer service. The phone rep was very polite, asked many questions before determining that warranty service was needed, and then turnaround time from my home-to repair-and back was 20 days.

20. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member