taurus 24-7 pro

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by tony218, Oct 24, 2007.

1. tony218

tony218 New Member

does anybody know anything about this gun? good, bad?

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Talk to Sharky. I believe that he has one.

3. tony218

tony218 New Member

ok, he's not online right now maybe when he signs on he will see this or
    i could pm him, but i want the replies to be public because a friend of
    mine is thinking of buying on and asked my opinion.
    i told him hold on, i'll have some good reviews from you guys shortly.

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'm fairly sure that he likes his. I have been very happy with my PT111 Millennium Pro.

5. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

I have one. In fact, it was the first gun I ever bought.
    Mine was nicely priced and it is a reliable in 9mm. I shot about 3000 rounds in it and I did not get one misfeed. The grip is very comfortable too (butnot available in 45acp caliber).

They have also a no question lifetime warranty. it is why I own 3 Taurus (2 autos and 1 revolver).

I read on many boards people had problems with the .40 caliber with misfeeds but after they shipped them for repair they came back good.

In my book, it is a strong buy. I own now 15 handguns and it is still at the top of my list with the Springfield XD45c.

Thank you

6. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Tony! Hows it going man....

Yes I still have my 24/7 9mm. I will never get rid of that pistol. Alot of people frown on them and such. Yes I like my Glock trigger way more than the 24/7, however as a first pistol, for the money I couldnt beat it ($300- w/2 mags). With a little practice I had no issues keeping decent groups. Its not a long range pistol by any means. For self defense situations I trusted it to go bang. Some others here have shot it and didnt like the trigger, but loved the grip. Some shot it well and others didnt. Again you really get what you pay for. I did like the external safety as it was my first ever pistol! There was a wierd sense of security back when I first bought it and it had the external safety........ now I am comfortable without that and believe it to be a good thing not to have. Personal preference.

I have probably 5000 rounds through it. Never one jam at all. A few dud rounds that wouldnt go bang, but that was cheapo ammo. It eats and shoots everything without a hiccup. Easy to take apart (like Glock pull the trigger). I cleaned and lubed it before each range visit. Mine was incredible with wear. It really looks good for a pistol with 5000 rounds through it. Capacity is great with 17+1 and it doesnt weight a ton on the belt.

Only real negative about the pistol in my opinion is holster availability. I went with FIST and he made a couple within 3 weeks! Galco, and a few others make holsters for it.

Hope this helps. Your friend is always welcome to try mine at Bullseye or at the meeting if they wantme to bring it. Let me know .

Hope this helps

7. tony218

tony218 New Member

thanks guys,
    i think this will help him make up his mind.
    he can shoot the one he's looking at.
    i told him if it feels good do it.
    i'll let you know what he does.

8. murrybird

murrybird New Member

Not such good luck

I got on of the 24/7 Taurus pistols right when they came out. I dealt with Taurus in the past, mostly revolvers and pleased by them. The grip felt nice in the hand, the sights were easy to pick up, and the price was right amongst many other attributes the pistol had going for it.

Now this changed on the range, all three magazines had problems with the springs. The magazines were shipped back to Taurus and took three weeks for turn around. After getting the magazines back, the weapon still FTF or FTE every three or four rounds.

Now, I believe it was just because the 24/7 was a new design and it had issues. Tausurs does have a tentecy to put guns out with bugs in them and fix them as the issues pop up. If I were to buy another semi-auto from them, it would have to be third generation production. I still buy Taurus, just not first or second run productions.

9. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

For what it's worth I put a few rounds through Sharky's 24/7 back in the late spring at our first shoot. I was really interested in that 9mm because I REALLY liked the feel of the grip. It was super comfortable. But none of the local places had one I could rent so I couldn't do anything but fondle. My interest dropped off after shooting a couple of mags. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. I picked up a G19 and it felt like I couldn't miss. I bought a glock.

Aren't the sites on the 24/7 also fixed/non-adjustable?

If you friend wants one just tell him to be sure to shoot some rounds through it before he makes a final decision.

10. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

MAN TINK WHERE YA BEEN?????????

Tink is correct some of the Taurus models do not have adjustible sights. He could'nt hit anything with it. Others held groups that were respectable. A gun really is a fit in my opinion. All based on how it shoots in your hands. If you can afford a few extra bucks the Glock is definitely the way to go I agree. But if you're looking for something more economical and for an external safety it cant be beat. For $300, a full size 9mm and the 17+1 capacity.

But I would definitely try one out, as well as all the others. I can bring it to the Lunch is you would like. let me know.