Taurus 24/7 9mm Ramp Problem??

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by kestak, Jun 5, 2007.

1. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

(I know, the pictures are not the best ones, but I did not have the time this morning to find the right light setting to be able to make my Panasonic to focus right with close shots.)

I noticed a discoloration of the feeding ramp AND when I use a brass bruss to clean the carbon accumulated, it produces small scratches.

The first and third pictures shows clearly the small lines produced by my scrubbing.

The second and third pictures show clearly the "chrome color" is going away to be replaced by a bronze color. The last one is quite dark, but you see clearly the bronze spots.

http://picasaweb.google.com/kestak/Taurus247RampProblem

My question: Do I have to be concerned? I fired about 1000 shots in 6 soothings and cleaned it each time (7 cleanings total now).

Thank you

2. tace

tace New Member

While I personally woudn't be concerned with discoloration like that, I am no expert.

On the other hand that Taurus barrel sure does look roughly shaped compared to a European build semi.

3. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Kestak-

I looked at my 24/7 and didnt notice any discoloration. A small bit of laquer on the actual barrel itself is rubbing off due to the action of the slide. Nothing like yours at all. I dont think you have a problem there. I never need to use a brush of any kind on the feed ramp. Usually just use an old tshirt cut up and it comes right off.

All I could think it possibly the type of ammo your using. However this gun eats anything you feed it I am finding out.

4. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

My Taurus only fired 20 rounds of Remington HP and 600 rounds of Walmart Winchester cheapo.

Thank you