Talk w/ cops bout CC in bars

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Bulldawg182, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

The other day, I stopped in Johns Creek, (yes, the infamous home of Rammstein), at the Barnacles sports bar for lunch. As I parked, I noticed three police cars parked in the lot so decided it was smartest to remove my Kahr PM9 and entered for lunch.

Four officers were seated together enjoying their lunch when I walked up to their table and apologized for interrupting and proceeded to tell them that I had a GFL and admitted that I had removed my weapon after seeing their cars in the parking lot since I was aware of the rules against entering an establishment which served liquor. I asked them for their opinions on what they would do had I walked in carrying concealed and they had noticed my weapon while they were eating lunch.

All four smiled and one volunteered that Georgia's Firearms laws were ridiculous and said that they made no sense to him. He went on to say that he felt GFL holders should be permitted to carry at will and that he would do nothing....unless I was creating a disturbance of some kind or drinking too much. The other three officers, one a very attractive young blonde woman, agreed and said they would not have said a word to me had they noticed me carrying concealed in the bar.

Interesting.....yet still not nearly enough to avoid prosecution from the WRONG officer.

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

lol

They have some good food there.

Very interesting!

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I'm glad you didn't get the WRONG officer, because technically aren't you in the wrong for even having it in the parking lot of a PG? Shame, I know :(

4. Bulldawg182

Yep....but I thought I'd be adventurous! :lol: :lol:

5. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Gettin' bold in your old age, huh?

:wink:

6. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

7. Bulldawg182

Nah, been senile for decades already. :roll: ](*,)

8. tace

tace New Member

So what should someone do? Go park next door at the Chick-fil-a because the parking lot belongs to a restaurant that sell alcohol? That's just asinine, especially since your car supposed to be an extension of your house under the law.

9. Bulldawg182

BTW, and this is the God's honest truth.....the lunch incident happened on Thursday and on Saturday morning, I had a situation at a house I'm renovating which required a police officer. I called the Fulton County Sherriffs department and guess who walked in the door 10 minutes later???? Yep, and he remembered me too. Even asked me if I had my gun with me this time and then laughed!

10. Dan4010

Dan4010 New Member

Nice going Bulldawg..... I also live in Johns Creek. I see the Fulton county LEO at the BP station at Jones Bridge and State Bridge all the time. Next time I will have to ask them the same question see what they say. It is good to know that we have such nice LEO's protecting our town.

11. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Wouldn't this apply in this case?

12. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I hope the answer was yes! :D

13. Bulldawg182

It was "yes". But he wasn't very impressed with my Kahr PM9. :oops:

14. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

lol

Upgrade to a Sig or Hk ;)

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Oh yea...forgot about that part.

16. budder

But where would he find such an Hk? Say, something like a USP 9c.

17. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

This is a start in the right direction

Or call Mr. Brown at Backwoods Guns ... NIB Hk USPc 9mm Night Sights and three mags for $785 shipped.

18. AV8R

AV8R Banned

I wanted to hear more about the hot blonde. :?

19. budder

I think you may have missed something.

20. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

crap.

oh well....now someone else can go forth get an Hk.