taking the wife to the range today

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by VolGrad, Sep 18, 2007.

1. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Now my dilemna.....which pistols can I take that won't get me in trouble?

As I have stated in previous posts, she is unaware of how many pistols I actually have. I am reasonably confident she thinks I have 3. She also knows/thinks most of them are Glocks. She does know I bought the Beretta a few months ago but I can probably pass a Sig off instead. If she actually notices the difference I will just state that I traded it. That won't exactly be a lie since I will likely trade it today before our range trip this afternoon/evening.

I really want her to shoot 9 mm so she will have a better experience and will want to come back. I only have two 9 mms, one she knows about and another she doesn't. What to do, what to do?

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Just bring the 3 that you think you own. Has she been shooting with you before? If not, maybe she'll really get into it and be glad you have more guns that she originally thought. Wishful thinking? :lol:

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I took my wife to the range Sun. She used all my ammo very quickly. We brought my new Mill Pro, my 9mm 1911, my M&P-9 ( I wasn't planning on shooting it, it was just what I was carrying that day), her XD-9 and 400 rounds of 9mm with us, thinking I would have some left when we were done. We also brought my Mossberg Plinkster and some .22 rounds. IN less than an hour we were ou tof 9mm ammo. I had run only about 100 rounds that we brought, plus the carry mags through my M&P & 1911 and a little carry ammo through the Mill Pro.

Ask Sharky or Macktee. My wife was blasting away fast and accurately. Every five minutes she would ask for more ammo. She had her own lane, while I was sharing one with my daughter and her air pistols.

4. VolGrad

Though she was raised in the country, this will be her first time shooting any firearm.

If I took what she knows/thinks I have, I would be taking a G22, a G26 and the Beretta. I think I might better substitute some of the ones I actually carry though since they are the ones she sees semi-regularly.

5. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

Honestly, I wouldn't want to hide these things from my SO. Off course I am single now so take it with grain of salt. :mrgreen:

6. VolGrad

What is that someone said here yesterday, "Oh, to be young again." LOL. Sort like taking child rearing or education advice from someone without kids. LOL.

All kidding aside, you are correct. It is probably not a good practice to hide things from your spouse.

7. VolGrad

Here are her two targets. She first shot the Glock 26. She did a great job hitting the target but limp wristed several times.

Next she shot the Sig 226. She liked the SA on it better and like the overall size better. She did a fantastic job with it.

Both targets were from 7 yards.

She said she liked it and was glad she went. She said she isn't going to want to go with me all the time but would like to go back every once in a while.

Most of all she understood it was important to me that she try it. She happily obliged. Side note: due in part to her weak grip she caught several casings right down the shirt. She has a couple of nice burn marks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Code:
    [img]<your_image_link>[/img]

Does that help?

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Click quote on my post to see how I did that, if you need to. :)

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Not bad. Also, on a side note, you can rotate pictures in photobucket.

11. VolGrad

thanks smith. i will try that. i will try to fix these tomorrow in my previous posts no time now.

12. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

I can only assume that you kissed them to make it better...

13. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

You're a better man than I. I almost asked for pictures.

14. VolGrad

I didn't get pics of that, however, if you had been on the range you probably would have gotten a little peek. I am biased, but don't think you would be disappointed. :lol:

15. VolGrad

And no one asked.....I only took the two pistols with me. She never asked about them or seemed to notice the Beretta had morphed into a Sig. She never asked what else I had or how many. She did comment how much she liked the Sig. I asked her specifically what she liked about it. Her response was the overall size, weight, and trigger feel.

16. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

17. VolGrad

She tried to act like she didn't really care too much about them, but then made sure we saved the targets and that I e-mailed the pics to nearly everyone we know.

She even forwarding them to her principal at school this morning. Following is his response.

"Dear Comrade (substitute her actual name): I was impressed with your target results…â€nice patternâ€â€¦you have the making of a true, refined Southern Lady…packing a pistol and a flask of Jim Beam in your purse!!!

He then attached a pic of a sign from the range at Camp Lejeune (He is a marine.). The sign reads as follows:

"DANGER: Firing Range In use. Only Authorized Personnel Permitted Beyond This Point. Unauthorized Persons Are Considered Targets."

18. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Uh oh. Does that mean the entire Communist party is arming up for a coup?