Taking an anti shooting

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Rammstein, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Well, she is not quite an anti per se. She just doesn't really like guns. She knows I have pistols and that I carry. She knows that I carry because she was over my apartment one day and saw my IWB holster and asked about it, so I told her since she is a good friend and she knows not to tell anyone else.

The other night I was at a friend's apartment. So I was talking to my friend, whom I've known since high school, and then out of the blue she whispers in my ear "Are you packing?" and at the same time she put her hand on my right side.

Her hand fell upon my Glock. Then she says "Good, I always feel safer when you have it." Imagine my surprise because ever since I have known my friend she said she doesn't understand why people have or want guns and said she would never shoot a gun. So I was really surprised when she says "I want to go shooting. Will you take me to the range some time?" I was shocked, but I agreed and we are going to go when we get back from spring break.

So how about that...a conversion through no effort on my part other than carrying.

2. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Bring her with you to Bullseye on the 11th. I want to meet this chick. Maybe she'll convert my wife.

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I would, be she is leaving for Daytona before I am.

4. Taler

Taler New Member

Nice Ramm,

Your post reeks with innuendo.

Great to make a convert.

(Only my wife's hand "falls upon" my weapon.) :D

5. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

What is it with guys getting girls to go shoot. That's how it started for me.

I was slightly interested and next thing I know he has me at the range shooting an SMG, AK, Glocks, .357 Magnum, 1911, Styer. Then we start going to gun stores together and of course I have to get my own. Then those darn holsters are for me like purses are for most women. Next thing I know I am spending more money on ammo and range time than makeup! I also hate cleaning the kitchen but don't mind cleaning the guns!

Ramm, please give her something nice(meaning not loud) to shoot for her first time. The first handgun I shot was a Glock .45 GAP and I swear it scared the dickens out of me.

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

8)

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Because having a female shooting buddy is much easier on the eyes then another guy. :D

I'll probably start her out on the Glock19 and if she wants, up to the Glock 23.

It was funny, when she saw the slide she said "Austria huh? they make some good guns there." All I could do was smile and say "yep." I was really surprised that she knew 9x19 means 9mm.

8. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

My friend that I go with thinks I am most adorable when I am shooting!

G19 is nice, that is what I have! Shhh, don't tell anyone but I did like the SMG better. Guess that is not practical for everyday use!

Have Fun!

9. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Hey Ramm:

I have a couple of .22s if you're looking for something "soft" to start her out, and I'd be happy to lend them to you.

I might even throw in some of Adam5's ammo...

BTW, thanks Adam.......................

10. Montieth

Montieth Active Member

Is she single? I hope she is for your sake.

Personally, I much prefer taking cute single friends to the range than cute friends that are dating already. Much less enjoyment. :wink:

11. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

maybe she is already his girlfriend.....

If not then..... :-k

I will say going shooting increases a guy's cuteness factor. Something about a cute guy and the smell of the range... AAAHHH :D :love:

12. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

The same thing happened with my wife. Ever since the birth of our son she has been very anti. Now she makes an effort to point out my pistol to our friends. She has also told several people about this website and GCO.
    Last week she informed me that she would like to start shooting with me, and USMC Retired warned me that he lost a good carry pistol that way. :lol:

13. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I had an incedent with my wife one day. It was the first time we took my 6" Ruger .357 to the range. I had been shooting both .38 spc and .357 rounds that day. She had fired a few cylinders of .38 through it. A while later (when she ran out of 9mm ammo) she asked to shoot it again. I forgot that I had full power .357 Mag cartriges in it. She aimed, squeezed the trigger and BOOM!!! She put it down and hasn't fired it since.

14. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

You might want to let her a shoot a .22 the first time. I let my wife shoot a 9mm the first time and it almost turned her off to shooting. Luckly she got to shoot Ruger .22 that she DID enjoy.

15. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

That is probably a good idea. I send ya a PM when we go.

16. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

No. She has a boyfriend.

17. DrGlock

DrGlock New Member

maybe not for long... hint hint, nudge nudge, Know what I mean, sqwoosh sqwoosh :oops: :twisted:

18. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Is she cute? You could take the boyfriend shooting too. Accidents can happen............. JUST KIDDING :twisted:

19. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

:rotfl:

say no more, say no more...

20. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

lol!

I wish my roommates would have an accident. I mean honestly...who drops syrup on the kitchen floor and leaves without cleaning it up, only for me to walk into it in the morning. And I am not talking about a drop here or there. Nooooooo, I'm talking about getting it all over the perimeter of the kitchen floor and on a majority of the counter tops. If he drank I could understand, but he doesn't drink or do drugs. The other one just makes a mess and doesn't clean up after herself.

I'm no neat freak, but I don't like it when roaches start showing up in the kitchen.