Suspect Killed in Smyrna Standoff

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Molon Labe, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

2. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

I'm glad everything ended with the suspect dead and nobody else hurt.

3. jmorin

jmorin New Member

I missed it but my wife told me that driver of the attempted carjacking had a GFL.

Sometimes my wife thinks I'm crazy for carring a gun everywhere I go. But it's stories like this one that give her a dose of reality. This one definitely hit home...we're looking at houses in Smyrna and she frequently shops at Publix.

4. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Yea

My wife will :roll: if she sees me put it on, but if something starts happening the first words out of her mouth "Are you armed?"

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I guess that is why I cannot be a journalist or editor. Had I written it, the article's headline would have looked like this:

Local Smyrna Hero Bravely Saves His Two Small Children By Shooting at Carjacking Suspect

:D

6. Malum Prohibitum

The AJC has more details this morning. As reported, the guy tried to carjack a Chevrolet Suburban containing two children in an apartment complex. The carjacker shot at the vehicle's owner, who returned fire. Nobody was shot.

7. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Was the cars owner a GFL holder? If so this would be a great example of a GFL holder defending himself, his kids and his property.

8. Sharky

Sharky New Member

:sick:

Sheep I say sheep. If you dont stand up for yourself and your family something is very wrong with society

9. misawa

misawa New Member

It's good that the appeasement crowd has been heard from on this matter.

Yes, let's negotiate with the person that wants to do us and anyone else harm. That always turns out so well. :shakehead:

10. Malum Prohibitum

Negotiate?

"He should have begged the carjacker to leave them alone."

These sorts of people may sit on your criminal or civil jury one day. This was one reason why inserting immunity into the self defense law was such a big deal.

11. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I pray to never have to be in that position! On the stand relying on peers. Thank goodness for the addition!