Surprisingly vague reply from Tom Price RE: HR1022

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by mzmtg, Mar 16, 2007.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

So, he's not automatically opposed to this bill. This is a very disappointing response from Dr. Price.

2. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

To fisk, lightly:

As far as I know, the law doesn't "ask" for anything. Also, is he implying that it's only a matter of time before the evil weapon in question will be used in a crime?

I think we all know this law wouldn't make anyone safer from anything.

3. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Be happy you actually get a unique response from your legislator. After dozens of emails on every topic imaginable, I still get THIS!!! EVERY TIME!!!

I also call his local office and give a quick synopsis of my viewpoint to whichever staff member answers the phone. I never get anything back from those at all.

I keep :banghead: over and over and over. I'm going to be on a firstname basis with all of them whether I get canned responses or not. Someone is going to listen to me, I don't care if it's the Humane society at this point :banghead:.

I try really hard. I spend a lot of time on all these emails, letters and phone-calls... I try to sound intelligent, concerned and try to appear as if I'm educated. I just get crapped on, it seems. I want him to take the time to at least speak to me individually. I have a request for a meeting in from a few weeks back... maybe I'll get 5 min face to face before I move the F OUT OF DEKALB.

Just be somewhat happy you get something directed back at you. I send more emails and phonecalls to this guy than 99% of the people in his district I bet and all I keep getting are these lousy "Thanks for your input" responses. It's aggravating!!!! Too bad I'm not easily fooled, lol!

Rant Over. :D

4. Dadx4

Dadx4 New Member

A couple of years ago, I called Cynthia McKinney's local office to voice some opposition to a bill she was supporting. The aide basically told me that they did not care about opposing opinions, and that she would vote the way she wanted to. Essentially, her constituents could go take a flying leap if they didn't agree with her.

I would bet that Lewis feels the same way, but has slightly more polite staff workers responding to voters.