Surprise!

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Malum Prohibitum, Dec 10, 2010.

1. GooberTim

GooberTim New Member

Whoa! That's one lucky police officer! Once he got his hand on his pistol, it was out cleanly and rounds were going in the dirt bag QUICK. Glad he got that dude.

2. js415

js415 Active Member

Wow....That happened really fast.

Good idea to always keep an eye on a persons hands a situation arises.

That was really something.

Jerry

3. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

The obit of the attepted cop killer:

http://missoulian.com/news/local/obitua ... 03286.html

"Raymond 'Thane' Davis was born Sept. 17, 1973. He was given freedom from his earthly cares on Saturday, Jan. 2, 2010."

That's a nice and flowery way of putting it. I'm sure the officer was glad that Thane got his freedom that night!

Unbelievable, the obit tries to make him look like a harmless teddy bear and saint!

4. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

link

5. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

link

6. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Cheese 'n' crackers I'm glad that officer walked away from that. Thank God the hammer fell on any emoty round first and gave the officer a chance to duck. Completely justified shooting; anyone willing to take a shot at an officer is a whack job that is a danger to everyone.

7. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Amen.

I agree. Justified.

(Anyone else notice that a pole claimed another one?)

8. mpc

mpc New Member

Would it not be customary to do a reload right away? If he's not empty, he's pretty close to it and there may be only one person now, but maybe not next time.

That's not a criticism, I'm curious what the SOP is. I would hope that much would be instinctual.

9. JMan

JMan New Member

OMG!!!

Sadly every officer has to go to work everyday thinking this could have been them . It stated the offender was on a register violet offenders list what does this mean?

10. JMan

JMan New Member

I bet the officer thought OMG I can't believe this just happen (shock).

11. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Uh, well... I'm glad for the officer's sake that the BG didn't think that far ahead.

:sly:

12. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

WOW! Talk about guardian angels, officer Jessop's earned wings that night. Amazing response on his part as well.

13. Deek

Deek Active Member

I was wondering what kind of round that was, the bang was loud on the video with almost a 1 foot fireball. Glad the officer's okay, and if there is a night to have a few stiff drinks....

14. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

im glad the right person died
    that leo was very lucky and i dont ever i mean ever want to be in that spot

to all leos be safe

15. mathar1

mathar1 New Member

I learned a long time ago from a LEO friend of mine how to be a "good stop". I turn the motor off, inside lights on(at night), and the keys in my hand which both hands are crossed outside the window. I do not move..until the officer asks me to. Invariably they always ask me what I am doing...when I tell them what and why they ALWAYS let me go with a warning. So if you get pulled over follow these steps and the cop will KNOW you are not a crazy a$$ like this guy. Righteous shoot and thank God this guy's guardian angel was looking on duty. :righton:

16. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I'm glad the cop is not getting prosecuted for this.
    This kind of shooting of a fleeing felon should always be OK under circumstances like this.
    But from a technical legal analysis, you could say the threat to the officer was over after the bad guy stopped shooting and started driving away.
    All those rounds fired at his back and the back of his head as he fled the scene of the attempted murder...

... let's just say that if this same kind of gunplay went down between two rednecks in a trailer park or two black men in the inner-city, it's much more likely that the survivor would be charged with murder or voluntary manslaughter.

17. jklotz

jklotz New Member

I see these things, and it just blows me away. What was that guy thinking? If I shoot a cop, I'll get out of a speeding ticket? I don't like the idea of a cop disarming me during a traffic stop, but I can certainly understand it....

18. zeebo

zeebo New Member

Man thats insane, glad the cop is ok and the BG is off the streets. One interesting thing I noticed: The BG's gun comes out first and it appears that he has the cop, then the BG's appears to pull his gun back into his car, then the gun comes back out and fires. I wonder if the BG had his safety on or something. Regardless, glad the officer is ok and not being prosecuted.

EDIT: Nevermind, the article says the bad guy dropped the hammer on an empty round.

19. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

.41 mag
    safety ?