Surgery Saves Bulldog, Shot Twice

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Mar 17, 2006.

1. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

WTF? That pisses my off so much I don't know what to say... :x

2. Sharky

Sharky New Member

After seeing the dog on tv, if your a man and scared of that, time to get your man card revoked. Probably some lazy ass, pathetic cop, looking for an excuse to stop the chase after jumping like three fences into that yard. Dog is like 6 or 7 years old I heard. Looked like it couldnt catch a one legged man in an ass kicking contest!

Overzelous cop probably. Barking dog, adrenaline, first thing he thinks, dog approaching, shoot.

Never been in that position so I cant judge only wish he could have handled better.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I've been in that situation lots of times. I have drawn, but never shot. Hard to know what the situation was when he shot, though, as I would shoot before I was bitten . . .

But the "I was in fear for my life" answer is drilled in. Kind of like "I used the force necessary to effect the arrest." Cover language that tells you nothing about what happened.

4. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

I know I shouldn't second guess the guy without having more info, but it just sounds a little strange to me. If the dog was so dangerous, how did the BG escape his wrath?

Maybe the LEO really was in fear of his life, or at least great bodily harm, because he went for the deadly force option. :shoot:

I'm just digusted, sorry.

5. john

john New Member

dog

In defence of the cop, not everyone is into dogs and some have a deep fear of them. I would forget the suspect and face the dog and back out slow and easy, its his yard not mine. But I have been around dogs all my life (NO NOT MY DATES). Some people have not.