Super deal

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by kestak, Oct 25, 2010.

1. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

I am selling,shipping included, for 50 cents a piece of paper with my own handwriting with blue ink saying "America is beautiful and it is the best country of the world".

I am selling this to only white man, Christian, no gay and no disabled in any way.

Did I cover everything? :mrgreen:

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=218349

Thank you for your patronage

2. krmbigmac

krmbigmac Active Member

Nope! :mrgreen: ...wrong topic area. :shattered: :lol:

Good luck with the sale!

3. kestak

kestak New Member

Arg! I chose the wrong forum indeed...

4. seereus

seereus Active Member

Geez man, you just had to do it.

Even as I type some wacko is contacting the Commander In Thief. He is putting on his cape and will soon be here to stick his
    nose once again into someones private affairs.

No doubt beer is in your future.

ETA: I would really like to purchase, but do not have the .50
    Any chance you could just take the .50 out of someone elses pocket?

5. patrick4588

patrick4588 New Member

what a joke. she has to live with them, pick who you want.

6. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

You know, what's crazy is that if you're renting out a room in your house, with common living areas that you and the roommate will share, and you only have a couple of rooms to rent and you will live there too, you are allowed to discriminate in who you choose to be your roommate.
    You can get applications from many people and toss out the ones you don't want based on race, religion, gender, etc.

But you can't ADVERTISE that discriminatory preference. That's the Fair Housing Act (of 1965, I think).
    Even if it's perfectly legal for you to summarly toss away any application from a Christian or Muslim because you're a Jew and want only a Kosher- compliant observant Jew to be your roommate, you can't SAY any such thing in your ad!!!

I'm ready to scale back the federal government.

(Don't even get me started on the feds mandating that all street signs be printed in upper and lowercase letters, not all-caps which is more common, but apparently harder for the elderly to read at a glance).

7. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

As gunsmoker said, she has the right to discriminate based on religion all she wants, she just can't advertise it.

Nothing is stopping her from asking a potential roommate's religious affiliation and refusing to rent based on that answer. She just can't post the criteria.

Is the law messed up in this way? Yup. Is it as big of a deal as the article makes it out to be? (As in, does it actually stop her from getting what she wants?) Nope.

8. bearpugh

bearpugh New Member

9. BSCLibertarian

BSCLibertarian I'm kind of a big deal

Click the link - he is making a point.....

10. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

I don't have much success with my sale. I decided to up the deal:

I am selling only to Tea Party members, White men, Christian, not gay, not blacks, not disabled (AND who voted Republican at least 70 times n the last 128 Federal Elections. :mrgreen:)

Thank you

11. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

When it comes to roommates I think I'd advertise what ISN'T acceptable: :snore: sloths, :runaway: thieves, :popcorn: TV hogs, :whisper: over-sharers, :help: moochers or :drink: :puke: excessive party animals. Or just anyone who resembles someone from this site: http://myveryworstroommate.com/ :lol:

12. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Glad to hear it, gunsmoker. :D

13. jhvaughan2

jhvaughan2 Member

Just checkin; Is the handwritten paper offer open to any age group?

14. kestak

kestak New Member

Certainly not! Who do you think you are to ask such an horrendous question?

Only men from 30 to 40 can buy it. No youth and no old crappy guys. And I want to see a photo ID!