1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
I watch the watchers
12,885 Posts
You live and learn; or you don't live long.
Homie failed to learn.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,534 Posts
Is it fair to charge the two surviving burglars with murder for the death of their buddy who suffered from buckshot poisoning?
I'm all for "felony murder" charges on all bad guys when a "murder" or any foreseeable death of an innocent person occurs...

... But here there was no murder, and no innocent person was harmed, and the State and people of Florida are better off with one less felonious thug to deal with.
Just charge the burglars with home invasion burglary and aim to give 'Em 20 years in prison.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I'd say that stupidity is an understatement for these types. I would describe it as active malevolence.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Is it fair to charge the two surviving burglars with murder for the death of their buddy who suffered from buckshot poisoning?
I'm all for "felony murder" charges on all bad guys when a "murder" or any foreseeable death of an innocent person occurs...

... But here there was no murder, and no innocent person was harmed, and the State and people of Florida are better off with one less felonious thug to deal with.
Just charge the burglars with home invasion burglary and aim to give 'Em 20 years in prison.
I don't claim to understand the nuances of "legalspeak" but I look at felony murder charges more as a form of deterrence for those who might engage in criminal acts where there's a very strong potential of murder to be committed by either side - victim or perp. In most cases though, it seems the perps never consider this possibility.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.