Featured Sunday Church Shooting - Texas

Discussion in 'In the News' started by NTA, Nov 5, 2017.

1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

It's a mental disorder

2. EJR914

3. Glockenator

Glockenator heathen infidel savage

Pretty much everything about anti's ways of thinking, as well as liberal ways in general, are a mental disorder. They are stupid enough to think that democrats are really "for the people", or "for the little guy".

And trying to reason with anti's and liberals is like trying to saw sawdust. An impossible task. They are in another dimension.

4. EJR914

Kates associated retarded sexual and emotional development with fear and loathing of weapons.

The made up hoplophobia is similar.

Argued this is what Freud meant in "Dreams in Folklore."

5. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

So, it turns out those wild wild west shootouts are actually better than just letting massacres continue.
    I'm so glad he's in office as opposed to the alternatives.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...rs-100s-more-would-have-died-texas-without-it

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Hundreds more? I think he shot just about everybody in the church. Is there evidence he was heading to another target when Stephen Willeford shot him twice with his own AR15?

7. Taurus92

There was another church just up the street. I think "hundreds" seems a bit much, except this was in answer to a gun control advocate and Trump's point was if she had her way there could have been hundreds more because Willeford would NOT have had his AR15.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  8. EJR914

I thought he only shot a little over 50% of the church, I read it somewhere, anyway, probably not hundreds more, but an exaggeration.

Who's to say he wouldn't have kept going, he could have showed up to a school or a shopping mall or anywhere else and kept shooting if you have the ammo which I don't know he did. I also read there were 15 empty mags at the church, 30 Rounders. No word if he had more loaded magazine on him.

I have to love Texas, for the fact that this guy had no chance to go to a secondary location because he was being followed and shot at by armed everyday citizens.

Reminds me of the final bank robbery scene in "Hell or High Water."

9. Taurus92

I heard it was pretty much everybody in the church got something. Said he went back and forth and shot people to finish them, so not many wounded. Hard to imagine. Obviously he went there to kill more that just his inlaws and had more guns (and ammo, iirc) in his SUV.

Trump made a really good point against gun control and I'm not going to flip out over his choice of "hundreds". The point was he was stopped by someone with a legal gun. With what the gun control people are asking for, he would have kept killing. Hundreds? Who knows. Had people in the church been armed, the whole incident would have been a brief mention in the news and not the tragedy that it is. Maybe that's the question for church carry. Would you rather it be a line or two or a front page tragedy?

10. EJR914

11. EJR914

The difference between church carry or not is literally one or two people killed or no one at all, or 20 plus of them, depending on the size of the church.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  12. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

I contacted the reporter and he followed up and posted a new version.

13. Taurus92

"Davis said he had mistakenly quoted a previous mythical iteration of the law. "

14. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

https://www.ksat.com/news/sutherlan...th-facility-months-after-attack-on-wife-child

jebus

15. Glockenator

This is what happens when asylums are done away with, and the "system" fails to keep people locked away. And then they try to treat major psychological disorders with pills. Epic fail, all around.

16. Taurus92

It's okay. As long as we feelz safe.

17. EJR914

Reagan did away with the asylums, yes?

18. Taurus92

Wait, somebody, recently said, this was a mental health issue. :-k

19. EJR914

A little history

Attached Files:

20. Glockenator

I don't know, and it doesn't matter who did it. The point is that it was done, and many, many people have died because of that.