Featured Sunday Church Shooting - Texas

Discussion in 'In the News' started by NTA, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Dawgdoc

Dawgdoc Active Member

When you Google "Samir Al-Hajeed" that is supposed to be his muslim name, you get a lot of references to hoaxes about the Mandalay Bay shooter. So I assume Samir Al-Hajeed is a different real person who gets repeatedly blamed for terrorist attacks.

I just went to Google maps to try to use Street View to see if any 30.06 signs were visible (I hear they have to be quite large). The Street View directly in front of the church on two streets is not available even though Street View seems to cover the rest of the town. Would Google remove it for some reason? It is not like it is a live view.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017

2. johnski

johnski Active Member

Picture of perp with Antifa flag, Ruger AR 15 (?). Shot and killed by neighbor to church. Got shot, dropped his gun, drove away and crashed.

[​IMG]

3. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...are-down-after-gunman-opens-fire-texas-church

Well this is interesting if true.

4. DonT

DonT Active Member

From Fox News in the press conference, killer had a Ruger AR type rifle. Armed civilian engaged the killer outside the church with a shotgun and hit him with at least one shot. Armed civilian attempted to pursue bad guy. (but...truth may well change)

5. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

6. johnski

johnski Active Member

Images from his facebook page, before they took it down:

[​IMG]

7. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

Source? This is likely fake.

8. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

9. Taurus92

10. Taurus92

Same link.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-outcast-preached-atheism.html#ixzz4xf3hfsvp
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

12. Malum Prohibitum

13. GM404

GM404 Active Member

His ability to purchase the rifle is a failure of a LAW that would have denied his purchase. Some government slacker failed to report his court martial and discharge (bad conduct after his confinement) into the system that was in place BY LAW to keep this from happening.

If you can't enforce the laws on the books now, then passing new ones won't do dammit.

14. GM404

GM404 Active Member

Santa Monica Observer? Interesting.

15. Malum Prohibitum

Why so?

EDIT - that's not my link. See the post above it, post #33.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  16. Malum Prohibitum

Bad conduct discharge is not sufficient by itself. See 18 USC 922(a)(6), which lists dishonorable discharge.

In this case, however, it appears to be a case of domestic violence, so on that ground he should probably have been a prohibited person. I cannot say for sure, however, without knowing the specific crime of which he was found guilty under the UCMJ.

In other words, it is not 100% certain that he was ineligible to purchase.

17. Taurus92

There is a lot of confusion around his discharge, but several sources state he served 12 months "confinement" for the abuse of his wife and child. Sure sounds like jail time to me.

18. GM404

GM404 Active Member

A quick Lexis search shows that a Devin Patrick Kelley (current address of New Braunfels, TX which is a little NE of San Antonio) was registered to vote in TX and voted in the general election last year. None of the court martial info is on there, though.