Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Tactical Statistician
Joined
·
13,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read several threads posted by people who say they have guns in every room of their house. The poster states that they want to always have one within reach. My question is this, "Where do you hide them?"

I would like suggestions on safe, hidden places to place guns in the house. I do not want to have them laying out in the open for two reasons - (1) I do not want folks visiting my home to think I am a survival nut and (2) I have a 3 yr old child. Anywhere I keep guns will have to be safely out of reach.

I do not have a fire rated safe but am hoping to purchase one in the near future.[/list]

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS WITH SPECIFICS. IT HAS BEEN RECOMMENDED THIS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO POST.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,966 Posts
I would definitely recommend that you purchase some sort of quick access security having a child in the house. I use the GunVault quick access vaults.

As to where to place them, thats kind of up to you. I personally like one on each floor and one on my hip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,267 Posts
I would be careful about telling everyone where you have hidden your guns!! :shakehead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
I'd recommend that you not hide them around the house and just carry one on your person.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,127 Posts
Mafuta54 said:
I would be careful about telling everyone where you have hidden your guns!! :shakehead:
:ditto: :ditto:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,226 Posts
Kind of funny that this subject came up. My brother and I were talking the other day and he said that one of the guys he works with has cut out holes in his wall, placed firearms in them, and then used sheetrock tape and paint to cover them up. He says its so that he can grab a gun at any point in his house just by sticking his arm in the wall.

Yeh, we both thought he was a dumbass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
Thorsen said:
Kind of funny that this subject came up. My brother and I were talking the other day and he said that one of the guys he works with has cut out holes in his wall, placed firearms in them, and then used sheetrock tape and paint to cover them up. He says its so that he can grab a gun at any point in his house just by sticking his arm in the wall.

Yeh, we both thought he was a dumbass.
:foilhat:
 

·
Tactical Statistician
Joined
·
13,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mafuta54 said:
I would be careful about telling everyone where you have hidden your guns!! :shakehead:
I hear what you are saying...I was not asking for you to tell me, "...inside the red book on the mantle..." I was looking for general places people hide guns.

I guess this forum is public access and any BG could GOOGLE and read to see common places people hide guns. I will figure it out on my own. It is NOT practical for me to carry one on my hip while at home nor leaving them out in the open. I agree some sort of vault would be a good option if I could get it placed somewhere readily accessible but still out of sight.

ADMIN - Please delete this thread if you think necessary. It seems to be a hot button issue. Probably not the wisest move on my part. I will edit my original post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,981 Posts
I would suggest using a GunVault inside a cabinet that is located relatively high, considering you have a kid in the house.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,593 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,127 Posts
I've got some magazines in different places. But the pistol is either on me or on the desk beside me.
Same here. I keep one pistol in bedroom and one in family room but take mags with me from the one not in use.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
Bulldawg182 said:
I've got some magazines in different places. But the pistol is either on me or on the desk beside me.
Same here. I keep one pistol in bedroom and one in family room but take mags with me from the one not in use.
I only have one pistol. So, no such dilemma exists for me. Wow, I feel weird calling having more than one pistol a 'dilemma'.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,981 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
I only have one pistol. So, no such dilemma exists for me. Wow, I feel weird calling having more than one pistol a 'dilemma'.
I assume you will resolve this dilemma asap. May I suggest a fashionable HK or Sig? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
Claire said:
with a 3 rd old
whats not on your body

I would suggest a safe
+1000!!!

Now if I can just get the man power to move the new safe into the bedroom... It has a keypad combination on it also. I have to think that will be faster to get open if I ever need to get to something in a hurry. Once that's in place though all firearms will be in there except the one on my hip which will stay there until it's time for bed. Then it goes on the nightstand to be picked up first thing in the morning. Nothing will be left out for the young un to find.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
tace said:
ptsmith24 said:
I only have one pistol. So, no such dilemma exists for me. Wow, I feel weird calling having more than one pistol a 'dilemma'.
I assume you will resolve this dilemma asap. May I suggest a fashionable HK or Sig? :lol:
Yea I wish. I think I'm gonna save up for an AR next. But, then again, why not just get both? 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,313 Posts
Claire said:
with a 3 rd old
whats not on your body

I would suggest a safe
:ditto:

We keep the guns & ammo locked in a cabinet, none left out unless they are tasked. By my beside is my G23; in our closet (our retreat point in the house) is my tactical shotgun and lots of buckshot & slugs

Unless they're on my person, they're secured to hamper anyone who may pick them up.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top