Suggestions - Where do you hide guns around the house?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by VolGrad, Aug 14, 2007.

1. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I have read several threads posted by people who say they have guns in every room of their house. The poster states that they want to always have one within reach. My question is this, "Where do you hide them?"

I would like suggestions on safe, hidden places to place guns in the house. I do not want to have them laying out in the open for two reasons - (1) I do not want folks visiting my home to think I am a survival nut and (2) I have a 3 yr old child. Anywhere I keep guns will have to be safely out of reach.

I do not have a fire rated safe but am hoping to purchase one in the near future.[/list]

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS WITH SPECIFICS. IT HAS BEEN RECOMMENDED THIS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO POST.

2. GunNut

GunNut New Member

I would definitely recommend that you purchase some sort of quick access security having a child in the house. I use the GunVault quick access vaults.

As to where to place them, thats kind of up to you. I personally like one on each floor and one on my hip.

3. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

I would be careful about telling everyone where you have hidden your guns!! :shakehead:

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I'd recommend that you not hide them around the house and just carry one on your person.

5. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

:ditto: :ditto:

6. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I'll carry, or place it next to me (i.e. on the arm of the chair), otherwise, the rest are in the safe.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

8. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Kind of funny that this subject came up. My brother and I were talking the other day and he said that one of the guys he works with has cut out holes in his wall, placed firearms in them, and then used sheetrock tape and paint to cover them up. He says its so that he can grab a gun at any point in his house just by sticking his arm in the wall.

Yeh, we both thought he was a dumbass.

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:foilhat:

10. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I hear what you are saying...I was not asking for you to tell me, "...inside the red book on the mantle..." I was looking for general places people hide guns.

I guess this forum is public access and any BG could GOOGLE and read to see common places people hide guns. I will figure it out on my own. It is NOT practical for me to carry one on my hip while at home nor leaving them out in the open. I agree some sort of vault would be a good option if I could get it placed somewhere readily accessible but still out of sight.

ADMIN - Please delete this thread if you think necessary. It seems to be a hot button issue. Probably not the wisest move on my part. I will edit my original post.

11. Claire

Claire New Member

with a 3 rd old
    whats not on your body

I would suggest a safe

12. tace

tace New Member

I would suggest using a GunVault inside a cabinet that is located relatively high, considering you have a kid in the house.

13. ber950

ber950 Active Member

:ditto:

14. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I've got some magazines in different places. But the pistol is either on me or on the desk beside me.

15. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

Same here. I keep one pistol in bedroom and one in family room but take mags with me from the one not in use.

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I only have one pistol. So, no such dilemma exists for me. Wow, I feel weird calling having more than one pistol a 'dilemma'.

17. tace

tace New Member

I assume you will resolve this dilemma asap. May I suggest a fashionable HK or Sig? :lol:

18. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

+1000!!!

Now if I can just get the man power to move the new safe into the bedroom... It has a keypad combination on it also. I have to think that will be faster to get open if I ever need to get to something in a hurry. Once that's in place though all firearms will be in there except the one on my hip which will stay there until it's time for bed. Then it goes on the nightstand to be picked up first thing in the morning. Nothing will be left out for the young un to find.

19. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea I wish. I think I'm gonna save up for an AR next. But, then again, why not just get both? 8)

20. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

:ditto:

We keep the guns & ammo locked in a cabinet, none left out unless they are tasked. By my beside is my G23; in our closet (our retreat point in the house) is my tactical shotgun and lots of buckshot & slugs

Unless they're on my person, they're secured to hamper anyone who may pick them up.