suggestions needed

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by chainsaw123, Aug 13, 2007.

1. chainsaw123

chainsaw123 GPDO Supporter

I am wanting to trade for a new pistol. My desires are: lots O knockdown, lots O rounds to knockdown, compact and light, auto and stainless steel.

Any suggestions please? I havent bought a gun in a while and have not kept up with the latest greatest ones. I should just get another good ol Colt 45 auto and be done with it but I thought I would see what you "experts" are carrying.

thanks in advance

2. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

3. mswicord

mswicord New Member

clock.....pick a frame sm med lg

pick a round 9 40 45 357

4. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

More specifically, Sig P229.

Get the .40 version, pick up the .357 barrel. Two rounds from one gun, both with good power.

5. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I think you want a custom FiveseveN. Actually, that would be pretty awesome, though I don't know why you'd need all that extra weight. A smaller version would be perfect.

6. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I love my Glock 30 (sub compact .45). This is my daily carry piece now in a Comp-Tac CTAC. It is very small & light considering the fact it is a .45.

The other one I like is the Sig P220 Carry (compact .45). This is the same size as the P229 but you get the added knockdown of the larger caliber. If you go with the Sig you also can choose from a bunch of different options - DAO, SA/DA, two-tone, SAS, etc. etc. etc.

7. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

Glock 23... fits all your requirements but stainless finish.

If it is for durability, the Glock finish is most excellent.

If it is for comestics, meh...

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

+1.

I believe you can get your barrel done in stainless from some companies. Obviously there isn't a factory option for this, though.

I can't find any links ATM.

edit: i meant slide, not barrel.

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Same thing for the G23. Just swap barrels.

10. chainsaw123

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS. I will start to have a look to see what may fit me best.

Thanks

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

What do you have to trade? You should consider putting it up here on this site and also looking at what others have in the buy/sell/trade forum. Good luck with it, whatever you decide to do.

12. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

Double-stack 1911. Slim slide makes it easy to conceal, double-stack mags offer capacity [and piss off the purists :p], an aluminum frame will help with weight.

13. chainsaw123

when I narrow down my choices, I will be wanting to trade a Benelli "NOVA" pump 12 ga with a tube extender and sling. Can shoot up to 3 1/2" shells. Only maybe 75 rounds through it. Also a stainless steel Charter Arms 44 special w/ 4" barrell and pachmyer grips. Both guns in Excellent condition. I will post in the sale/trade section in a week or 2.

thanks all