Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Sudden Jihad in Dearborn???

2K views 55 replies 19 participants last post by  Malum Prohibitum 
#1 ·
Borrowed from the Little Green Footballs blog. Hmmm...

http://www.pressandguide.com/stories/09 ... news.shtml

Man with AK-47 assault rifle arrested after leaving Dearborn's Hemlock Park

PUBLISHED: September 12, 2007

DEARBORN - Houssein Zorkot, a 26-year-old Dearborn resident, was arraigned Tuesday in 19th District Court on multiple felony charges, including carrying a dangerous weapon with unlawful intent â€" a five-year felony.

Zorkot, a third-year medical student at Wayne State University, was allegedly armed with an AK-47 assault rifle and dressed in black clothing with camouflage paint covering his face when he was arrested Saturday in Hemlock Park.

According to police, Zorkot was observed attempting to leave the park in a black SUV after officers had received reports of a man carrying a rifle in the area. He was placed under arrest and is scheduled to undergo a preliminary examination at 9 a.m. Sept. 21 in 19th District Court.

Zorkot has also been charged with one count of possession of a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle and one count of felony firearm. He remains in custody on a $1 million bond (cash, no 10 percent).

For more on this story, see Sunday’s edition of the Press & Guide.
And lets see what his web page says...

http://www.zorkot.org/Gallery3/main.php

#2 ·
jgullock said:
Borrowed from the Little Green Footballs blog. Hmmm...

http://www.pressandguide.com/stories/09 ... news.shtml

Man with AK-47 assault rifle arrested after leaving Dearborn's Hemlock Park

PUBLISHED: September 12, 2007

DEARBORN - Houssein Zorkot, a 26-year-old Dearborn resident, was arraigned Tuesday in 19th District Court on multiple felony charges, including carrying a dangerous weapon with unlawful intent â€" a five-year felony.

Zorkot, a third-year medical student at Wayne State University, was allegedly armed with an AK-47 assault rifle and dressed in black clothing with camouflage paint covering his face when he was arrested Saturday in Hemlock Park.

According to police, Zorkot was observed attempting to leave the park in a black SUV after officers had received reports of a man carrying a rifle in the area. He was placed under arrest and is scheduled to undergo a preliminary examination at 9 a.m. Sept. 21 in 19th District Court.

Zorkot has also been charged with one count of possession of a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle and one count of felony firearm. He remains in custody on a $1 million bond (cash, no 10 percent).

For more on this story, see Sunday’s edition of the Press & Guide.

By the looks of his website, he looks like any other young radical jihadis. I would be curious as to what the tattoo under the cover patch says.
Not that Im profiling or anything like that......
:bat:

#4 ·
tj2000 said:

By the looks of his website, he looks like any other young radical jihadis. I would be curious as to what the tattoo under the cover patch says.
What is that cover patch?

What is his explanation of his behavior?

My personal jihad in the United States? :?

#11 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
tj2000 said:

What is that cover patch?

What is his explanation of his behavior?

My personal jihad in the United States? :?
My guess is the tatto under that patch is a picture of Brittney Spears in a Burka......
:jawdropper:

#16 ·
jgullock said:
its illegal to have a loaded firearm in your car?

#17 ·
I don't care what anyone says, LEO's profile. I don't see anything wrong with it either. If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck then you tell me.

I'm sick and tired of everyones feelings getting hurt. Suck it up and get over it. Nowhere in the Constitution or any other government document does it say that you have the right to not get your feelings hurt.

#18 ·
wsweeks2 said:
I don't care what anyone says, LEO's profile. I don't see anything wrong with it either. If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck then you tell me.

I'm sick and tired of everyones feelings getting hurt. Suck it up and get over it. Nowhere in the Constitution or any other government document does it say that you have the right to not get your feelings hurt.
+1

#19 ·
I think I figured it out. His personal jihad is to climb a mountain with a rifle in his back :rotfl:

I don't remember seeing any tattoo places back in Turkey. Maybe, it is against the religion.

Then again, it's against the religion for men to wear jewelry but you see a bunch of them with golden chains.

#20 ·
tace said:
I think I figured it out. His personal jihad is to climb a mountain with a rifle in his back :rotfl:

I don't remember seeing any tattoo places back in Turkey. Maybe, it is against the religion.

Then again, it's against the religion for men to wear jewelry but you see a bunch of them with golden chains.
Silly tace, don't you know, you only take the parts of the religion that YOU like. The rest is conveniently forgotten about. :)

#22 ·
Remember this Case

Let's just keep this case in mind every time we (NRA gun-packing types) say things like:

Open carry should be perfectly legal, and no basis for a police stop.

Any gun, every gun, any time, anywhere. Guns are always legal.

Police have no business restricting access to weapons based on religion or creed (if it's said about the Branch Davidians, should it be said of the radical Muslims, too?)

There's nothing illegal, immoral, or suspicious about carrying a military carbine or battle rifle in your vehicle. Nobody should be detained by the cops just for exercising their Second Amendment rights!

#23 ·
Re: Remember this Case

gunsmoker said:
Let's just keep this case in mind every time we (NRA gun-packing types) say things like:

I will STILL say that. BUT if I am sneaking around in the park with a firearm in my hands and my face camoed out . . .

I would expect to be questioned.

If in violation of the law, I would expect to be arrested.

That is what looks like happened here.

There is no clue that anybody knew the guy in the bushes in camo with a rifle was muslim.

Gunsmoker, NOBODY has contended that police should not stop suspicious people. The contention has been that the police should not stop people simply because they have a gun.

That is not what happened in this case.

No hypocrisy here.

If I wear a ski mask and am peaking in the windows of a store near closing time, I expect to get stopped.

If I am buying a gallon of milk while openly carrying, I do not expect to get stopped.

I also think this reflects the law.

#24 ·
Re: Remember this Case

gunsmoker said:

Any gun, every gun, any time, anywhere. Guns are always legal.

Police have no business restricting access to weapons based on religion or creed (if it's said about the Branch Davidians, should it be said of the radical Muslims, too?)

There's nothing illegal, immoral, or suspicious about carrying a military carbine or battle rifle in your vehicle. Nobody should be detained by the cops just for exercising their Second Amendment rights!
but Muslims don't have rights. Nor do any other American citizens, since the Patriot Act. We still get "No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law," though. Woo!

And don't forget our most recent executive order: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blocking_P ... ts_in_Iraq

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.