Subtle ways to support gun rights @ work

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by BWCustoms, Dec 30, 2010.

1. BWCustoms

BWCustoms New Member

I know I can't be the only one.

Perfect example - my mother got me a Glock fleece pull over for x-mas - I wear it almost every day to work, 99% of the workforce here has no idea what the glock logo looks like and assume it says, "(funny looking G&L)OCK - PERFECTION"

Then when I owned a XDM I made my desktop wallpaper the pistol case and it just says, "XDM" on it.

:lol:

2. Ashe

Ashe Active Member

:lol:
    Every time I see the Glock logo my subconscious tells me it says "Clock Perfection"
    [​IMG]

3. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

I'm with ya there... I frequently wear one of my GCO polo shirts at work... :D

4. ga_trucklvr

ga_trucklvr Member

:righton:

I do this too............

5. AV8R

AV8R Banned

If no one knows what it means, are guns rights really being supported? Think about the tree falling in the forest with no one around to hear it... did it make a noise? :wink:

Seriously though, the 1%... how do they react to the fleecie? Would your employer hold it against you if they knew you were a gun-totin' gun nut?

6. broomhandle

broomhandle New Member

Hi DG,

What about the BIG stickers I put on your rear bumper!

GUNS is GOOD!
    Driver only carrys 200 rounds of DEATH dealing bullets!

I have been missing you at SHOOTERS!

Best to you in the NEW Year!
    :righton:
    broom

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Got the carry policy changed from no-go to ok so long as discrete. I guess that is not very subtle, but I feel pretty good about it.

8. jlcnuke

jlcnuke New Member

My workplace doesn't have a gun policy so there is no policy to get changed. I still don't let anyone know that I'm carrying at work though since I'm at corporate and the top management (and owners of the company) are from Japan (here for less than 3 years on average) where there are no 2nd Amendment rights. I'm fairly certain that knowledge that people carrying in the office would not be received well by management. As long as they don't make a rule against possessing on company property I have no reason to raise the issue.

9. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

I advise a key decision maker about this and other related issues + I am attempting to set up a team building exercise for management which involves a trip to a local range :D

10. RevolverDan

RevolverDan Active Member

It would be nice to work with rational people like that.

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I was turned down the first time I brought it up. It took a long time to persuade.

12. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

That could be a nice Examiner article, MP. Some tips on the art of gentle persuasion from those of the carrying persuasion. Was your experience something we can learn from?

13. Match10

Match10 Active Member

I just leave three S&Ws, one Ruger, One Colt, one Beretta, and assorted other firearms that I currently am enthralled with, on my desk....

14. Suprman

Suprman New Member

I open carry at work. is that Subtle? :D :righton:

15. lynx

lynx Member

1. Use the company printer to print out a stack of targets.

2. Announce that you need some "lead therapy", and are taking the rest of the afternoon off.

3. Threaten your co-corker with severe reprisals if he doesn't come shooting with you.

... I should probably add that my husband and I are in business together. :lol:

16. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

We rate the weeks in boxes, as in, "Boy, this is shaping up to be a 3-box week, and it's only Tuesday!" :D

17. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Creative use of figurative speaking...

"...I'll give it a shot..."
    "...We have to take aim at the problem..."
    "...We'll see where we stand when the bullet hits the bone..."
    "...It's like having an under-powered rifle..."
    "...We need a longer range sniper scope..."
    "...You were right on target..."
    "...Try using the heavier caliber equipment..."
    "...We're going to need more ammunition..."
    "...You have a veritable arsenal of solutions...

18. gkill772001

gkill772001 Member

Me, too.
    A guy asked me the other day why I had it. I told him it kept my pants from riding up on me.

19. BWCustoms

BWCustoms New Member

The few people familiar with glocks all complimented it.

They already know I am a gun nut at work - for some odd reason I never get in trouble with my bosses... hmm 8)

One of my bosses saw a pic of my dpms 308 rifle and was like "uh yea...I dont think I'll ever be the one to hand you a pink slip"

20. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

im glad that EVERYONE associated with where i work carries atleast one gun at all times. :righton:

and no, its not any type of security or law enforcement related work at all.....