Stuxnet Worm Still Out of Control at Iran's Nuclear Sites

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Deek, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Deek

Deek Active Member

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/12/ ... ear-havoc/

2. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

just a coincidence no doubt.....nothing to see here, move along..

3. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

Sounds like a lot of Arab countries are begging us to go in and take these sites out. Iran having nukes will seriously disrupt the balance of power.

Maybe this is the easiest way of slowing them down.

Not only has there been a historic rivalry between Arabs and Persians, since the discovery of oil it has taken on greater global importance.

I just hope we aren't looking for another country to rebuild and an excuse to spend more of our money on wars we don't need to be in.

4. spector

spector New Member

Stuxnet is no joke. I was at a Criticial infrastructure protection conference (I work in the energy industry) this week and Stuxnet was a major topic of discussion. It's probably the biggest immediate cyberthreat to our power system as well.

Of course, physical security is a far greater issue (especially at remote substations) but from the cyber end that worm has been a thorn in the side of the industry for a while.

5. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Sweet! Stuxnet must be a beast of a worm. Good stuff! :righton:

6. Hack Causality

Hack Causality New Member

Considering how ancient and decrepit our nuclear infrastructure is, I'm frankly amazed it's vulnerable at all. Those Israelis sure are thorough, building in support for the Cray Operating System. :cantsay: