Stupid Pistol Magazine Tricks

Discussion in 'How to' started by smn, Jan 7, 2011.

1. smn

smn Active Member

Stupid pistol magazine tricks or 'How to make your gun not run'
    Click the link for more.

2. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

First time I took my magazines apart, I was afraid there would be this s p r o i n g, I'd put my eye out, and I'd never get it back together again (the mag, I mean). But after a training class of dropping them in the dirt, I figured I'd better *cough* bite the bullet and do it. Nothing to it. The spring in there isn't as tight as I imagined.

I never heard of +2 floor plates before.

3. fire8310

fire8310 New Member

Anyone ever had problems shooting a compact glock with full size mags? I havent. the regular mags dont even fit all the way in. they hang out a tad bit too.

4. broomhandle

broomhandle New Member

Hi All,

No problem here with standard mags in a compact!

I did see a Gun Shop Commando wedge a GLOCK mag backward into the grip! :shock: :roll:
    The manager of the range had to remove the slide & tap the mag. out!
    The GSC did have the bullets in backward too! :screwy:
    It was a SPECIAL day at the range! :)

Best,
    broomhandle

5. mathar1

mathar1 New Member

I see Glock full sized mags used in compacts/sub compacts EVERY day. I also see the +1,+2 +3 floor plates used every day at the range with no problems. Believe what you want but I SEE it work every day at the range..so :shakehead:

6. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Never had even a hickup using 15 round mags in my Glock 23. Most of my spare mags for it are Glock 22 mags. As long as they lock in good, the hanging out part doesn't hinder them. Of course, it's common sense not to try and force a long magazine too far into a compact pistol. The article's writer had to add stuff to get a good word length.

Also have one of the +2 floor plates that I've got on one of the G23 mags. It's as difficult to take it off as a factory floorplate.

7. moga

moga New Member

Good advice, poor delivery IMO.

I think mention of cheap guns should have made the instructor's list before some of the other issues that are raised.

+1 broom/Phil on the interchangeability of glock mags. Reed is a SigArms instructor, after all. :wink:

8. 1clearshot

1clearshot Member

Had Sig 229SCT with factory 15+2 (17rd) mags that I never had any problems with....

Also ran old "swat" 20rd mags without any problems. (shrug)

9. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

I alwyas used the bigger mags in my G19 and G23. I had the standard mag in them and acrried the G17 and G22 mag as a spare. never had an issues with them working.

10. 69953

69953 Guest

The manual for my Ruger SR9c says not to use the 17 round mags without the grip spacer. I've shot it without it, and had no problems, but I suppose one could shove it too far into the mag well.

11. jwhunt

jwhunt Member

Have both a Glock 27 and a 22c. No issues with the 15 rd mags in the 27.

12. grumpy

grumpy New Member

This is probably more about pinching your hand than weapon malfunction.

13. corey541

corey541 New Member

When I first got my LCP, I was pulling the base off to put on the pinky extension it came with and the spring shot outta there like a rocket. :oops: Scared the crap outta me, but luckily I didn't lose an eye.

14. 69953

69953 Guest

That's actually what I dislike about using the grip adapter sleeve: It pinches my hand when I shove a mag in.