1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
68,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
American Bar Association.

I keep being pestered to join.

Look at this.

http://www.nssfblog.com/aba-committee-a ... esolution/

The American Bar Association’s (ABA) House of Delegates has adopted a microstamping resolution submitted by their own Standing Committee on Gun Violence, whose members include Dennis Henigan of the Brady Campaign. The resolution urges “federal, state and territorial governments to enact laws requiring that all newly-manufactured semi-automatic pistols be fitted with microstamping technology.â€
What does this have to do with regulating the legal profession?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Just like every other professional organization. They become so enamored with themselves they feel that they should lend their expertise to all those poor stupid people.

Edited for spelling :oops:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Hey.... I resemble that incinerating remark you made there Ashe... 8)

I keep waiting for something similar.. I was once told that we shouldn't allow
guns into server rooms (computers..) because the metals like copper and lead
were bad for the machines....

Ummm.... I wasn't planning to shoot them... then again... there are days..

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
What does this have to do with regulating the legal profession?
I did not renew my ABA membership in the 90's when it became patently clear that they often took a diametrically opposing view to mine. Lots of examples like this, where the connection to the practice of law, or advancement of lawyers in general, did not seem to be what the leadership had in mind.

I still contribute articles to ABA publications, and otherwise participate. However, the ABA leadership is woefully out of touch with the blue-collar lawyer (no snickering, please).

Why send money to a bunch like this, I asked myself.

·
Registered
219 Posts
When you're a new lawyer they almost automatically put your name on their list as a member and send you their magazine and requests for money. I told them long ago to stop sending me things and to take me off any list. They acted like they were shocked. :screwy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts