Student with gun stops mass stabbing on campus

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, May 2, 2017.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

https://ihavethetruth.com/2017/05/02/texas-campus-concealed-carry/

UT of Austin

" . . . this guy stabbed him in the heart and I ran inside and grabbed my gun out and came back and chased . . ."

Read more: https://ihavethetruth.com/2017/05/02/texas-campus-concealed-carry/#ixzz4fwb7nQb5

2. Malum Prohibitum

USA Today has a long article. They even talk about the debate over guns on campus. They have statements from witnesses. Not one mention of the student deterring him with the gun.

3. Myright

Myright Freedom Loving Citizen

I appalled at the poor use of grammar by UT students.

4. Feral

Feral Active Member

This is an unconfirmed report. More or less it's all based on a tweet that was sent out that has since been removed.

As much as I would like for this to be true I am withholding judgement. I want more facts.

5. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

That will probably not happen. The MSM will not report the truth and if was true, whoever reports it will be shouted down by the MSM. All those college kids and not a single video of the incident or the conceal carry intervener? That's odd to me.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  6. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Your post sets a great example for them to follow. :rotfl:

7. Myright

Myright Freedom Loving Citizen

lol...someone stole my 'm :)

8. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

No local news at all here in TX mentions a guy with a gun intervention. Plenty of the police chief saying the perp was mental and not motivated by hate or meanness.

9. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Unfortunately the mainstream media is so crooked, so dishonest, and so anxious to promote their communist agenda of disarmament that I really believe that they would suppress a story like this even if they knew it to be true.

Does that mean it is true? Of course not!

It means I don't know.
    And that's a damned shame.

10. phaed

phaed Active Member

the guy may have removed the tweet to protect himself. even if a mwag stopped the attack, there are potentially folks standing by to punish him for doing so. governments and those that support them subsidize the risk of criminals, not the behavior of heroes.

11. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

cops say there's around 25 witnesses and lots of video, so we will know soon enough

12. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

FIFY. English. Embrace it! :lol:

13. Malum Prohibitum

The Tab (post #2) isn't local?

14. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Headquartered in NY and London. What do you think?

https://thetab.com/us/who-we-are

Looks like a great click bait generator to me.

15. Nondescript

Nondescript New Member

lol @ comments on that article.

Umm, we (essentially) are...

As if we didn't know how ignorant they are already.

(I started to write some replies on that webpage [statesman.com] with my Gmail account but it said the website/app [cmgdigital.com][FONT=&quot][/FONT] wanted to view my email contacts and read, send, delete and manage my emails.. omg lmao! Are you effing kidding me?!)

16. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Isn't that the point of owning a firearm? Perhaps they are expecting gun owners to buy a gun and then throw it in a shoebox in their closet where they forget about it until someone's kid visiting the house finds and shoots themselves while the news goes crazy with stories about accidental discharges.

17. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Wait! I'm supposed to carry this thing WITH ammo in it!?! All the time?!? Now wait a minute, nobody told me that when I bought it. I got it empty, was told to load it only safely and at the range. Carrying it loaded seems unsafe. I'm feeling a bit nervous now. Where are those crayons? :panic: