Student tackles and stops active shooter on campus

Discussion in 'In the News' started by phantoms, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

A "student security guard?" Barefoot?

2. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

In any case, I give him props. He stepped up and may have saved multiple lives.

3. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Barefoot or not it brings up an interesting question. Mr. Barefoot tackles the shooter while his attention is diverted to reloading the shotgun. Mateen, the Pulse shooter, had to change mags at least 4 or 5 times from what I've read. Out of 200 people that weren't dead or wounded, not even one person tried to jump him during a mag change? Granted a mag change can go pretty quick but Mateen was new to the ar15 platform I believe and may have been slower. Looks like the herd mentality took over.

4. phaed

phaed Active Member

maybe that demographic has significantly different behavior than other men.

5. phaed

phaed Active Member

that's what they have to call civilian heroes ex post facto, so as to not give the impression that other people besides only ones can do it.

6. moe mensale

Even when facing death? I would think one's survival instincts would come into play. But you could be right.

7. mog

mog Active Member

Instinct is wave arms in the air and scream.

8. redraif

redraif Member

Been wondering the same myself... even if you did not rush the guy.... there were bottles of liquor... start throwing them... then he is off guard... then others could rush him. Surly there were things people could throw...

9. rdnkb34r

rdnkb34r New Member

maybe its just me but something doesn't add up with the story they are shovel feeding the masses.

10. moe mensale

Gotta keep "the narrative" on track you know.