·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Swollen Member
11,934 Posts
:panic:

Should he be charged with Reckless Conduct? I say: maybe...

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,819 Posts
Freedom always carries risk. I'll still take freedom, thank you.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,248 Posts
What freedom?
Are you assuming this student was legally carrying, as a GWL licensee, under the terms of the new canpus carry bill, HB280?
I wouldn't assume that.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
So now we follow the lefts habit of howling before we know what to howl about?

·
Registered
14,538 Posts
A single gunshot briefly set the University of Georgia ablaze Tuesday afternoon...
Such drama! :panic: :lol:

·
Registered
14,538 Posts
The "reporting."

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
Is there any indication that the student was legally carrying? If not, this is a nothing-burger vis-a-vis Campus Carry.
It may not mean much to us, but to all of the anti-gun ideology out there, it is a rally cry for new/repealing legislation.

Reactions: DonT

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,248 Posts
They can try that argument, but my standard rebuttal is: "don't hold the crimes, or the stupidity, done by unlicensed gun carriers (who pack their guns illegally ) against law-abiding citizens who have GWL's."

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
It may not mean much to us, but to all of the anti-gun ideology out there, it is a rally cry for new/repealing legislation.
Most likely what it will be.

They can try that argument, but my standard rebuttal is: "don't hold the crimes, or the stupidity, done by unlicensed gun carriers (who pack their guns illegally ) against law-abiding citizens who have GWL's."
Excellent rebuttal but the idiots on the left don't care about law abiding citizens. They hold us all in contempt legal or not.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,819 Posts
To the liberty haters, a law-abiding gun carrier is only law-abiding until he isn't.

Sort of like a man to the feminazis - he's only a non-rapist until he isn't.

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Sledgehammer
4,777 Posts
Related only because it has to do with campus carry: I was in court earlier this week and the judge was taking pleas. A young man got 3 years' probation for accidentally taking a pocket knife to his high school graduation. A felony conviction is a great graduation present.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,819 Posts
Wasn't there a bill that would have fixed stuff like this? I think it was vetoed by Gov. Deal.

Why couldn't the judge have been human and tossed out the charge, or at least reduced it to a misdemeanor?

Related only because it has to do with campus carry: I was in court earlier this week and the judge was taking pleas. A young man got 3 years' probation for accidentally taking a pocket knife to his high school graduation. A felony conviction is a great graduation present.

·
Sledgehammer
4,777 Posts
Why couldn't the judge have been human and tossed out the charge, or at least reduced it to a misdemeanor?
Because judges are supposed to follow the law, not be activist and do whatever they think is best. There's no provision in the law for just declaring something a misdemeanor that the legislature has defined as a felony.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,819 Posts
Was he charged as an adult?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts