Strip Mall ?

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by peashooter, Jun 29, 2007.

1. peashooter

peashooter New Member

What if im carring and at a Strip Mall and parked in front of a store maybe Play it Again Sports. I decide i want to eat dinner at the restaurant 5 stores down. I walk to my car leave my weapon in the car, leave my car at the store i was shopping in, walk to the restaurant that serves alcholic beverages to eat dinner am i legal at this point. Even tho my intentions were not specifically to go eat dinner it was just spur of the moment thing.

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The likelihood of this ever being an issue . . .

4. peashooter

peashooter New Member

Thanks For the help

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Having said that though...I dunno if most cops would know about Farmer V. State and just assume it was ok so long as it was not on the actual property.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

That's what I said! :D

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

[/quote:3hezzn8g]
    But I used more words. 8)

8. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

What about an enclosed mall, then? If one is strolling through the mall, armed to the teeth, and happens to walk past the entrance to Ruby Tuesday's, has he committed a crime? The mall promenade is not a parking lot. It operates on its own hours and terms, and would seem to be a separate entity that just happens to be adjacent to the restaurant.

And what about the reverse? If the mall is hosting a concert or a political rally or a Santa convention, can one carry into Sears via the outside entrance?

9. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Of course you have - you have a gun!

:wink: