Store owner shoots two bad guys wearing armor

Discussion in 'In the News' started by HCountyGuy, Jun 10, 2016.

1. HCountyGuy

HCountyGuy Well-Known Member

Seeing as how California's really popular now with the 9th Circuit's ruling on concealed carry, here's a fun story they should chew on:

http://abc7.com/news/medical-marijuana-dispensary-manager-opens-fire-on-robbers/1376445/

2. phaed

phaed Active Member

i imagine those dispensaries are prime targets for robberies, since the feds won't let them use banks. they're forced to handle large quantities of cash.

3. Arty

Arty Fire for effect

There are two bad guys wearing body armor and pointing assault rifles at the manager. The manager grabs his pistol and fires 10 rounds, wounding both bad guys. Interesting. I wonder why the bad guys didn't shoot the manager.

4. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

I don't get it, assault rifles are illegal in California.

5. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

Things are changing rapidly in terms of marijuana laws. It needs to be taken off schedule 1 first, and given that VA doctors are allowed to recommend its use to veterans belies the fact that it does have medicinal uses.

6. Siege

Siege Active Member

Because such people are *usually* thugs and punks who can't hit the broad side of a battleship. I seriously doubt either one of them ever attempted to actually use their sights, much less actually knew how to use them correctly.

Also note:

There was no description or photos of these ersatz "assault rifles". Chances are at least even that they're not, in fact, any such thing. In fact, since the actual definition of an assault rifle is a rapid-fire, magazine fed infantry portable weapon capable of fully-automatic fire, I'd say chances are actually less than 0 that these were, in fact, assault rifles. Ok, MAYBE they were AR-15's or AK's, but I find even that suspect until we see actual photos. For all the news media knows about firearms, they may as well have been Airsoft guns.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  7. Arty

Arty Fire for effect

That's why I find it interesting and would like to know more about what really happened.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  8. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Nooooo! Someone tell me this didn't happen! You mean, more than one bad guy wearing body armor and carrying assault rifles were stopped by a non-police officer with merely a pistol?! My anti-gun world view has just been shattered! :shattered:

You know, this looks like a good argument for pistol magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. When faced with firepower like that, you need to be able to fire several rounds.

Seems like mere citizens shooting back with pistols could be a good response to terrorists who might want to try the same thing.

9. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

We need to find out the brand name of the "body armor" the two perps dumb bastards wore because it obviously ain't worth a tinker's damn! :rotfl2: I'm betting they were wearing load bearing vests or the like.

10. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Fair chance they did not know that their ARs could run out of bullets in a few seconds and they believed and had learned (wrongly) they could shoot for an hour or 2 before needing more.

Nemo

11. Siege

Siege Active Member

Airsoft tacti-cool gear, most likely.

12. phaed

phaed Active Member

that's really not a bad point. i wouldn't expect the media to be more accurate than what you suggested.