Store Clerk Kills Robber

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017

2. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Perp got three bullet holes and still had the ability to run out the door and across the parking lot.

That means he had the ability to keep shooting at the clerk if he was a mind to.

Folks, pistol rounds just do not put down a person instantly, like they do in the movies.

A head-shot or a cervical spine shot, generally this will immediately stop the threat, but even that is not absolutely 100%. And when someone is sending bullets your way, you want them to stop it, RIGHT NOW.

3. nutnless220

nutnless220 Member

If I'm hearing correctly, TV reporter said the robber had committed the same crime dozens of times before.
    Looks like the store clerk had a .38 or .357 revolver. And scored 3 hits one handed, that's good shooting under duress. Or great luck.
    Like Phil stated, pistol knock down power is a myth. Remember the old west saying " Dead man's thirty seconds. "

4. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Moms Demand Action will call the perp's death, "senseless gun violence".

5. nutnless220

nutnless220 Member

Right :wink:

And I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell us about the perp being a future college grad and how he dreamed of making a difference.

6. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

The perp was hit in both arms and "the upper left area" whatever that means. Depending exactly where that bullet hit "the upper left area" and then bounced around inside, presumably, that's the shot that most likely did him in.

Would three center mass shots have dropped him immediately? Don't know. The human body can take quite a bit of abuse before completely shutting down.

7. moe mensale

The clerk did pretty well for point shooting at a quick moving target. The perp fired 5 times and didn't hit the clerk. Probably within 10-15 feet. I'd say the clerk was real lucky and the perp probably never fired that gun before. He probably wasn't expecting the clerk to come at him like he did.

8. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

I am surprised it took so long for someone to post the story here. I was going to when I first heard about it (on Wednesday), but thought *certainly* it was shared already but I guess not. Too many people involved in pissing contests, I suppose. ;)

Nonetheless, I am happy to see this story. And yes, I heard some gnashing of teeth on the radio yesterday morning about "why did he shoot him 3 times!??" on the Shannon Burke show (106.7). I only wish more perps were taken out in said manner. If enough of these idiots are shot, then maybe the others will start taking note.

EDIT: To save you a little time, the video of the shooting is at the BOTTOM of the story (the link that MP shared)...it's NOT the first video that's on the story page.

Also, the clerk said he won't go back to work until he get another gun since the police took his for evidence. I will kick in $20 as a contribution to get this man a new gun..anyone else interested?

I think it's important to realize that the entire encounter lasted a mere 13 seconds. That's a lot going on in a very short period of time.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  9. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

And above in post #2. I guess nobody reads me. :sad:

Nemo

10. moe mensale

If it makes you feel any better, I did. :love: :mrgreen:

11. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Cops knew, 100% knew, that the use of force was lawful. The only "crime" committed here was the robbery that the now-deceased robber attempted.

So why this???
    " The clerk said police told him he was justified in shooting the robber and would face no charges.

They've taken my gun for evidence. I'll have to have another gun if I'm going to keep working there," the clerk said.

Evidence, my ass.
    The cops want to go on a fishing expedition to see if that clerk's gun is stolen property, or if it can be matched, through ballistics, to some other crimes.
    But the cops have ZERO reason to think either of these things are true.
    They're just confiscating a law-abiding citizen's property to check it and see if everything about it is legal and proper.

This should be illegal, by both Georgia statutory law and constitutional law.

12. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Isn't this SOP after any shooting? I am NOT saying that I agree with it, just that it always seems to happen.

13. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

This.