Store Clerk - Another Gun - From GCO?

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by Phil1979, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...bery-attempt-cops-say/cGNK230LvIRc0CoxXHsDEP/

Making a new thread for this that was referenced in another thread.

The store clerk's gun, after a justified shooting, was confiscated by police. He is fearful (rightly so) to go back to work until he gets another gun.

This would be good publicity for GCO to buy him another gun. Here's how:

GCO gets pledges from folks here (GM404 pledged $20, and I'll do the same). Once GCO gets enough pledges, GCO gives the clerk a certificate good for a purchase from a gun store.

Does GCO approve? If so, let's do this!

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

GCO members can not buy guns for everyone who has one taken by police.

3. Phil1979

Not everyone, but I'll be good for a few pledges to help the next five or six citizens. Can't we do this one and see how it goes? Imagine the publicity for GCO. Don't be a party pooper. :)

4. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

I am in for $20. And I bet if higher-up here called Ruger or S&W or a large local dealer you could get a real price break.

Nemo

5. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

There are gun shops in town who would be happy to get this guy a new gun, gratis.

6. Phil1979

Could someone pass those along to him?

And in exchange for the contributing gun shop mentioning Georgia Carry, we'll give them free mention here!

7. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Make sure they call the local papers and tv news and make a bit of a to do news thing with it.

Nemo

8. zetor

zetor Gaston beat up John

If this story is accurate, it's a good example of how not drawing on a drawn gun isn't always a good decision. I don't know how the perp could have missed if he was behind the counter with the clerk.....glad he did though.
    His street cred is shot after taking a semi auto, having the jump of the clerk, and still managing to lose to the revolver armed clerk. He definitely needs a gun before he goes back to work at that place. If I was the owner, I'd buy him one.

9. latter_day_hippie

latter_day_hippie Well-Known Member

I'm in for $20. Please let me know where to send it and when.

10. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

That's what recently happened in Florida.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...n-who-shot-suspect-attacking-deputy/353359669

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017