Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least according to their FAQ under guest behavior with no exceptions mentioned:
  • Weapons are not allowed on the premises, including knives with blades longer than 3 1/2 inches.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,463 Posts
Does it show an "Updated" date?

Nemo

·
Romans 10:13
4,638 Posts
I thought GCO straightened this out some years ago.

Reactions: TimBob

·
I may be slow, but I sure am ugly
1,221 Posts
I just submitted a question about the policy change regarding weapons.

·
1,221 Posts
No response yet.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
From their link to "Selected Ordinance Brochure" dated 2015 in url. SMMA-Ordinances-Brochure.pdf (stonemountainpark.org)
WEAPONS (4-106)  Persons with firearms or weapons must comply with the Georgia Firearms and Weapons Act, O.C.G.A. 16-11-120.
From their link to all Ordinances dated 2006 but url shows 2014. SMMA-Complete-Ordinances.pdf (stonemountainpark.org)
4-106 Weapons. Refer to O.C.G.A. § 16-11-120 "Georgia Firearms and Weapons Act" (Amended 2014)
Found the link to those at bottom of Rules page: Rules | Stone Mountain Park

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Huh if you violate their code of conduct you can be trespassed and banned from all properties managed by Herschend Family Entertainment Activities.

Code of Conduct

While you are with us, you are expected to comply with the following*:

• Respect each other as well as our employees; verbal abuse of other guests or our employees will not be tolerated.
  • Have your temperature taken before entry.
  • Wear a mask covering nose and mouth at all times while on property, except while eating or drinking. You should be stationary and maintain appropriate Social Distancing while eating and drinking.
  • Refrain from fighting, horseplay, taunting or threatening remarks & gestures.
  • Do not create disruption with behavior that is unruly, disruptive or illegal.
  • Weapons are not allowed on the premises, including knives with blades longer than 3 1/2 inches.
  • Follow instructions from employees regarding operations and procedures.

Any Guest who fails to comply with the Terms of Sale, including without limitation those listed above, may at the discretion of Stone Mountain Park have their Ticket revoked or confiscated by Stone Mountain Park here with no refund of any amount paid therefor. Upon such revocation or confiscation, the applicable Guest and all members of their party shall have no right to remain in, on, or about the Property. Stone Mountain Park reserves the right to ban such individuals from future admission to all or any of its Properties or from participation in any Herschend Family Entertainment Activities.

*A full list of Terms and Conditions applicable to your visit are set forth in the Terms of Sale, which may be found online at StoneMountainPark.com or picked up at Guest Services. Your purchase of a Ticket and entering the premises constitutes your agreement to and acceptance of the Terms of Sale.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
It may be chiefly aimed at the Crossroads area and the other "attractions." 1. Do we know if their contract is a usufruct or estate for years (thanks loser "judges")? 2. What areas do they actually operate? I can't imagine that company has any control over the trails and lake aside from the riverboat and rentals. What if they have control over the vehicle gates? Could they not ban you from the trails, but also not have a way for you to get to them except via the walk-in entrances?

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also thought they decided to not renew their contract, which expires in June, I think.

·
68,905 Posts
I also thought they decided to not renew their contract, which expires in June, I think.
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/de...erate-controversy/AHDGXDBCXJHIZA7XU7R2IYLYMU/

Insiders at Stone Mountain Park say that it may be hard to find a new company to take over running the site's money-making attractions after high-profile events and protests over the summer surrounding the park's Confederate imagery .

The company that currently runs the attractions, Silver Dollar City Stone Mountain Park LLC, filed a notice in July that states they will terminate operations in July of 2022. The company has operated the park and overseen revenue-generating attractions like the hotels and theme parks since 1998.

Park officials say a confluence of events over the summer has proved to be . . .​

Reactions: Phil1979

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,463 Posts
Rules regarding firearms and knives. From link above.

It appears to be a rather sneaky way to try to convince people guns are bad and don't bring them but my reading just says follow the state law.

Nemo

http://stonemountainpark.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/SMMA-Complete-Ordinances.pdf

4- 104 Hunting and Firearms. Hunting, trapping, or the pursuit of wildlife is forbidden at all times, everywhere in the Park. No person shall use, carry or possess in the Park hunting tools including slings and bows and arrows nor any kind of trapping device. Shooting into Park areas from beyond Park boundaries is forbidden. This section shall not apply to any law enforcement officer while in the discharge of his or her official duties. All ordinances or parts of ordinances inconsistent with the provisions of this ordinance are hereby repealed. (Amended 2008).

4- 105 Knives - Public Possession. It shall be unlawful for any person, for the purpose of offense or defense, to possess on his person or have at his immediate disposal on the streets and roads of the Park or in any public place or place of business patronized by the public any of the following instruments:A. Any knife which has a spring loaded blade that opens automatically by pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in the handle, commonly called a "switch blade," "swish blade" or "Swiss blade" for blades that open on the side and "stiletto" for blades extending from an end.B. Any knife which has any obstruction or other device of any kind which holds the blade partly open, the blade of which, when open, projects from the handle more than two inches.C. Any knife of any kind, the blade of which when open, projects from the handle more than three inches. This is intended to include all knives such as butcher knives or other knives which do not close.D. Any razor blade alone or inserted in a handle in such a manner as to expose either a sharp corner or a sharp edge.

4- 106 Weapons. Refer to O.C.G.A. § 16-11-120 "Georgia Firearms and Weapons Act"(Amended 2014)

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,240 Posts
Well, remember that the courts have said that "private property" can include publicly-owned land and buildings that are operated / managed by a private entity.

(Depending on the terms snd conditions of the lease)

So now, Stone Mtn's park management might think they've got some caselaw to hang their hat on, if they want to ban guns.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,463 Posts
Nice to have someone around who knows people.

Nemo

Reactions: Match10 and Adam5

·
1,221 Posts
No reply to my email yet. Thanks for reaching out to them John.

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,677 Posts
I'm wondering how Stone Mountain Park plans to enforce this edict. Metal detectors? Wanding? Or will this be like all malls...just a sign somewhere and no real way to enforce? (except Lenox Square Mall, which I hear is putting in metal detectors.)

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It could just be an oversight or old document. Web pages are not updated nearly often or careful enough.

·
68,905 Posts
Not yet time to get out the torches and pitchforks.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts