Stone Mountain Park - Idiot Dog Owner

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Phil1979, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Posted this on the Stone Mountain Park Facebook site:

Last Sunday late afternoon/evening at the large children's playground on the backside of the mountain, a man brought a large German Shepherd inside the gate, in spite of the signs prohibiting animals in the playground area.

The dog proceeded to lunge, bark and snarl at a small dog that was outside the gate. The man stood there barely holding onto the leash in the pathway of the gate so that people were afraid to leave or enter. He seemed to be enjoying the spectacle. I got tired of it and called the park police. He finally left. I left shortly afterwards as well, and never saw a police officer.

A dog that large and aggressive does not need to be around small children, especially with two posted signs that state not to bring them in. Had the dog gotten loose, I'm afraid what may have happened.

Thankfully, most dog owners abide by the rules at the park, but there will always be a few that have to be idiots. And that's a good reason to always carry some form of effective protection to keep yourself and your loved ones safe. Police are not always around to keep you safe.

2. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I emailed HFE and cc'd Stone Mountain Park Police about this. Will let you know if/how they respond.

3. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Wow, that's unreal