Stolen Uniforms....

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sharky, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Hmm How would the rest of you act if this happened to you? I like the part at the end asking to see the arrest warrent!

"Hmm hold on there for just a second officer/ I mean robber/ I mean stand still and let me call this in..... If we only had that amount of time to make a life changing decision to defend ourselves. Just anothe justification for no more NO KNOCKS!

Fake Cops May Have Stolen Uniform
    Reported By: Paul Crawley
    Web Editor: Leigha Baugham
    Last Modified: 8/31/2006 9:06:34 AM

Fake cops have terrorized at least one family in a home invasion and DeKalb investigators think the robbing crew may have stolen their uniforms and badges from a real police officer.

DeKalb Police are alarmed that two armed men showed up at a Scottdale apartment complex early Wednesday morning, posing as police officers.

Dressed in vests, helmets, ski masks, badges and other tactical gear, the suspects kicked in the door of an apartment claiming to have an arrest warrant.

The suspects terrorized a family, including four children and locked them in a bathroom while they ransacked the apartment.

“We’re very concerned with anybody out there impersonating a police officer. It’s alarming,†said Officer Jason Gagnon of the DeKalb County Police Department.

Although no one was hurt, a relative said the family was still afraid the men will come back and they do not know who to trust.

“Its very scary. I don't know who to trust. When I call the police, I don't want them to send a regular car, because I just don’t know who they are,†said the victims’ relative.

DeKalb County police looked into the possibility that the fake cops may have stolen their badges and uniforms from a City of Pine Lake reserve officer whose home was recently burglarized.

Just in case, the town of Pine Lake has temporarily suspended serving warrants until the case can be sorted out.

“I want the guys caught, simple as that,†said the victims' relative.

The fake cops only got away with an Xbox and a pair of Nike shoes in the home invasion.

DeKalb police say if you aren’t certain if you are being confronted by real officers, ask to see an arrest warrant and try to call 9-1-1 for confirmation if you can.

2. Sharky

Sharky New Member

More and more we are seeing people playing cop to hurt/rape/steal from others.

3. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

"Ask to see an arrest warrant."

Yeah, LEOs love to stand around while you read a warrant.

Plus, ever seen a warrant? It's not like it would be difficult to make one with the typically illegible judge's signature. If the recipient has never seen one, how would he or she know if it's even close to what it is supposed to look like?

4. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Once again horrible advise from the people in place to enforce the law. The older I get the more I see that many LEO in certain positions have no common sense. I am still stuck on "Ask to see an arrest warrant." That was great advise.....

5. Taler

Taler New Member

Arrest warrant? Ask to see it? With the door on the floor?

Yeah, right.

6. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Taler, unless you're under the door that's on the floor, you should be able to talk. :lol:

7. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

No real cop would refuse to answer questions or threaten to shoot you if you keep asking. :roll:

Oh wait, their was this SWAT team member from another story:
    "Shut up or I will put a bullet in your head."
    http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=991

Yeah, no real cop would ignore your questions.

8. Taler

Taler New Member

That's what I was referencing GS1. Of course, I have no personal experience with a "no-knock", but how many would think of protecting ourselves and families first, before we asked to see the warrant.

You guys in, and formerly in, LE,... would the team stop to chat or keep on coming with guns drawn, and if they wouldn't, how different would that look than the bad guy in a stolen uni?