Stoddard's Range Groundbreaking & Construction

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by stoddard, Dec 10, 2010.

1. stoddard

stoddard New Member

Stoddard's Range and Guns will begin construction in January 2011. As many of you know, I have been seriously ill and in the hospital for the past couple of months. Fortunately, I am making a full and complete recovery. Ken, Dant, Tim and I have now finalized our plans for converting from a retail gun store to our original goal - Georgia's finest, most modern and complete Gun Range.

We have engaged the firm of RW Smith as our General Contractor and have begun the construction process for our first Range on Bankhead highway (yes, a truly state-of-the-art facility will rise from the ashes at the old location). Steel has been ordered, contracts have been signed and we will have an official groundbreaking ceremony (beginning with the removal of the old slab) the last week of January. The new foundations will begin to be set in place on January 31st and we expect to have the new building closed in by mid March.

We want to extend our thanks to the Bank of North Georgia for the construction and permanent financing they are providing to serve the community and allow this project to begin without any further delay due to the claims we have against the local Douglasville roofer and it's insurance company (which have stood in our way since June 2009.)

We will begin accepting "Founder Membership Applications" in January. Our programs, membership levels, classes, instruction and some very special surprises, will make a Stoddard's membership unique and unlike any other offered in the State. Don't make the mistake of missing out on this opportunity.

Some additional detail - Our construction schedule is 16 weeks from the pouring of the foundations (subject only to weather delays that can't be anticipated.) As a member at Stoddard's you will have access to programs, personnel, equipment, information, events that you will not find elsewhere. We will have a variety of membership levels to accommodate both your budget as well as you interest level depending on what programs and services you may wish to take advantage of.

Our Staff, selection, service and prices have already made our retail store the finest shopping experience, for firearms and accessories, in Georgia. I assure you we will provide an entirely new and unique experience for everyone interested in firearms, personal defense, safety, hunting, collecting, investing and more.

I am truly sorry it's taken so long - but the wait is at an end and I am sure you will agree it will have been well worth it.

I will be back in the store beginning next week. The continuing recovery from my illness will make my hours somewhat uncertain - but I look forward to seeing all of you again.

Thank you for your loyalty, friendship and patronage. I welcome you in advance to the next generation of what a true shooting range should and will be.

Michael

2. Mstr-Chris

Mstr-Chris Well-Known Member

Glad to hear things are scheduled. Get better Michael!

3. fflintlock

fflintlock Active Member

Here's to a speedy recovery to you, sir and hope the construction goes well :righton:

4. jbowlick

jbowlick Member

Awesome news. I'm really glad your feeling better.

5. ga_trucklvr

ga_trucklvr Member

Sorry to hear about you being ill.

As a Douglasville resident I am looking forward to the range opening. It will be good to have somewhere close to go to shoot. :righton:

Is it just the way I read it or did he say, "our first Range" ? :?:

6. Guest

Guest Guest

:woohoo:

Glad your feeling better too :D

7. The Math Teacher

The Math Teacher New Member

Just glad you are better Michael.
    :righton:

8. stoddard

stoddard New Member

You read it correctly. The plans on the horizon will rival anything currently happening in the shooting range industry. I'm not fully at liberty to talk about it yet. Our focus is on Douglasville, but rest assured the Stoddard's family is now on the road to be a rapidly growing industry of it's own.

9. blackbirdzach

blackbirdzach New Member

Best wishes! You will always have my full support! :righton:

10. LoneOak

LoneOak Proprietor LoneOakTerrace

If I remember correctly, there was a group of us GCO and GPDO members who wanted to arrange and attend a gound breaking ceremony for Stoddard's Range :!:
    Is it now time to begin re-exploring the possibility of such an event happening :?:

It's not like I've never done anything like that before :arrow:
    I can usually get plenty of help from all my friends 8)
    I wonder if I can get membership #17 to match my Dan Wesson pistols :righton:

I'm just down the road Michael in case you need anything :lol:
    I bet you can't wait to see me hanging out every other day :help: :screwy: 8) :arrow:

11. GMC713

GMC713 New Member

where would one find membership information?

12. The Math Teacher

The Math Teacher New Member

I don't think that's available yet. Michael's original post said they would start taking them in January, so maybe soon.
    :wink:

13. 87FieroGT

87FieroGT New Member

Your recovery and the range update are both Great news!!!! :righton:

Thanks for the update

14. GMC713

GMC713 New Member

thanks,,,need to work on my reading comprehension!

15. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

will be nice not to have to drive to forest park to shoot

16. raptor2a

raptor2a New Member

Congrats! Sign me up!