Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Junior Butt Warmer
Joined
·
46,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
Joined
·
4,026 Posts
Re: Re: Still Waiting On Your State Refund Check?

streetriots said:
Direct deposit FTW.
This. I had my taxes done in mi and got my refund for ga in a week.

sent from my h4x0r3d capybara using my brain and thumbs.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
7,153 Posts
Electronic deposit. I had mine in 2 days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,148 Posts
We got our Fed and Georgia refunds blindingly fast. I expect that as tax burdens are increased, the bureaucrats will work diligently to grease the skids to prevent us, the taxpaying sheep, from noticing and complaining.

I used TaxACT.com this year, for way cheaper than TurboTax and HRblock. Having used various tax software the last fifteen years, TaxACT is just as good, and no more intuitive and no less convenient than the others, but it is significantly cheaper. The bottom line is that the more complicated your returns become, the more you'll have to know and research yourself to prevent overpaying. http://www.irs.gov is just as good a resource as any tax software, and the information is straight from the horse's mouth.

For business deductions, with all the software I've ever used, there is always a point where I have to leave the program, crunch numbers on my worksheets on my own, then plug into the software's template the numbers I calculated. When a software company produces a tax program that simply crunches my inputs, correctly, I will buy it. The market leaders have made zero improvements to their software the last five years, but continue to raise their prices. I am done with them.
http://www.taxact.com/
 
G

·
CoffeeMate said:
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/department-of-revenue-worker-indicted-041211

DeKalb County authorities have indicted a state revenue employee charging her with stealing more than $100,000. The district attorney said Tuesday that the employee snatched refund checks before they could be mailed out to state taxpayers.
A WSB tv report said she had 3 accomplices and also she had a long rap sheet going back like over 12 years....
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
69,892 Posts
Refund? :? Not this year. :( They are demanding even more money from me than they have already seized.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,554 Posts
I mailed my state return early feb. They still havent received it. I wonder which government agency messed up?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,535 Posts
I always do my taxes on HR Block's website. Very easy, helpful, and it's quick.

atlsrt44 said:
I mailed my state return early feb. They still havent received it. I wonder which government agency messed up?
Wow. I didn't know people still mailed it in!!! You really need to do it online - the chance that something happened to your mail while it was in transit or after it was received is too great. I'd say there's a problem and you should be calling the local IRS since it's so close to the deadline. I sat down on a Sunday night and did my taxes online. Had my state refund on Tuesday, and my federal refund on Thursday. The whole thing probably took me 1 1/2 - 2 hours, because I had a lot of deductions and stuff. But my advice to you is to sign up for HR Block's website next year. :righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,949 Posts
IrishTiger said:
Wow. I didn't know people still mailed it in!!! You really need to do it online - the chance that something happened to your mail while it was in transit or after it was received is too great. I'd say there's a problem and you should be calling the local IRS since it's so close to the deadline. I sat down on a Sunday night and did my taxes online. Had my state refund on Tuesday, and my federal refund on Thursday. The whole thing probably took me 1 1/2 - 2 hours, because I had a lot of deductions and stuff. But my advice to you is to sign up for HR Block's website next year. :righton:
Mailing it in is still the cheapest method if you make more than the magic free-file amount.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,548 Posts
45_Fan said:
IrishTiger said:
Wow. I didn't know people still mailed it in!!! You really need to do it online - the chance that something happened to your mail while it was in transit or after it was received is too great. I'd say there's a problem and you should be calling the local IRS since it's so close to the deadline. I sat down on a Sunday night and did my taxes online. Had my state refund on Tuesday, and my federal refund on Thursday. The whole thing probably took me 1 1/2 - 2 hours, because I had a lot of deductions and stuff. But my advice to you is to sign up for HR Block's website next year. :righton:
Mailing it in is still the cheapest method if you make more than the magic free-file amount.
E-filing is actually free. It's the tax preparation that costs money, and I'm not about to fill out all those forms myself when I can have software do it for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,946 Posts
IrishTiger said:
I always do my taxes on HR Block's website. Very easy, helpful, and it's quick.

atlsrt44 said:
I mailed my state return early feb. They still havent received it. I wonder which government agency messed up?
Wow. I didn't know people still mailed it in!!! You really need to do it online - the chance that something happened to your mail while it was in transit or after it was received is too great. I'd say there's a problem and you should be calling the local IRS since it's so close to the deadline. I sat down on a Sunday night and did my taxes online. Had my state refund on Tuesday, and my federal refund on Thursday. The whole thing probably took me 1 1/2 - 2 hours, because I had a lot of deductions and stuff. But my advice to you is to sign up for HR Block's website next year. :righton:
+1 Filed Sunday, Accepted Monday, check deposited on Friday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,176 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
I still do mine on paper, with a pencil.
As do I (though the final copy goes out in ink).

They'll be mailed tomorrow. I put off writing that d**n check just as long as I can.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,554 Posts
IrishTiger said:
I always do my taxes on HR Block's website. Very easy, helpful, and it's quick.

atlsrt44 said:
I mailed my state return early feb. They still havent received it. I wonder which government agency messed up?
Wow. I didn't know people still mailed it in!!! You really need to do it online - the chance that something happened to your mail while it was in transit or after it was received is too great. I'd say there's a problem and you should be calling the local IRS since it's so close to the deadline. I sat down on a Sunday night and did my taxes online. Had my state refund on Tuesday, and my federal refund on Thursday. The whole thing probably took me 1 1/2 - 2 hours, because I had a lot of deductions and stuff. But my advice to you is to sign up for HR Block's website next year. :righton:
Turbotax wanted $20 to efile my state and I was only getting back like $150 so I just sent out a paper copy. I'm gonna just pay the $20 and efile it now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,949 Posts
dcannon1 said:
45_Fan said:
IrishTiger said:
Wow. I didn't know people still mailed it in!!! You really need to do it online - the chance that something happened to your mail while it was in transit or after it was received is too great. I'd say there's a problem and you should be calling the local IRS since it's so close to the deadline. I sat down on a Sunday night and did my taxes online. Had my state refund on Tuesday, and my federal refund on Thursday. The whole thing probably took me 1 1/2 - 2 hours, because I had a lot of deductions and stuff. But my advice to you is to sign up for HR Block's website next year. :righton:
Mailing it in is still the cheapest method if you make more than the magic free-file amount.
E-filing is actually free. It's the tax preparation that costs money, and I'm not about to fill out all those forms myself when I can have software do it for me.
E-file free with purchase isn't the same as free. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to e-file, but mailing in federal and state only cost me about a buck and it is the cheapest option I have at present...
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top