Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is a good thing. And you can go light if you want. Yes that R-51 qualifies here.

Re-read the title and then click the link.

Nemo

·
Registered
322 Posts
And there's a material inaccuracy in that article regarding the CZ 75.

The CZ75 and the CZ75 Compact are steel-framed pistols, but the CZ75 PCR is alloy-framed, and should be considered as a very acceptable lightweight alternative to its more magnetic brothers.

Reactions: Archangel

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,094 Posts
I have the CZ 75BD and the CZ 2075 D Rami. Both are steel

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now tell me you 2 are not plastic boys?

Nemo

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,094 Posts

Nemo
I also have 3 IMI Desert Eagles one of which is my EDC. All 3 are steel.

·
Registered
322 Posts

Nemo
I think we've gone over this before - everything I own is steel or alloy.

There's a POSSIBILITY I might go for a very specific polymer purchase in the future, but I'll be sure to check with you first before I buy.

·
Registered
8,616 Posts
Steel and poly can go in an ultrasonic cleaner. Aluminum dissolves.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
There's a POSSIBILITY I might go for a very specific polymer purchase in the future, but I'll be sure to check with you first before I buy.
Smart Man.:LOL:

Reactions: moe mensale

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,094 Posts
Steel and poly can go in an ultrasonic cleaner. Aluminum dissolves.
Just DCLR your firearms the right way and you will never need an ultrasonic cleaner in the first place. You also get to verify the integrity of all the little springs and other parts that get worn.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,325 Posts
I didn't read more than the first few paragraphs of that long ass article about aluminum framed handguns but let me point out that it isn't pure aluminum that these gun frames are made of.

BBCB8E80-AB2C-4223-8544-B4DEC295D063.jpeg

It's an aluminum alloy, aluminum blended with other metals that strengthen it and give it tougher wear properties. Aluminum alloys used for guns are very hard and durable, nothing like ordinary aluminum that we're all familiar with.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Just DCLR your firearms the right way and you will never need an ultrasonic cleaner in the first place. You also get to verify the integrity of all the little springs and other parts that get worn.
Also, if you own metal CZs with their "Polycoat" finish, do not clean them in an ultrasonic bath. Trust me on this one.

Just as an aside, the parkerizing on the components of the metal CZs is excellent.

This has been a Public Service Announcement.

·
Registered
8,616 Posts
So long as one keeps their horse in good working condition, they may never “need” a car in the first place either.

It’s not a question of need nor ability as much as efficiency.
  • Field strip
  • Bore Snake
  • Ultrasonic cleaner with solution
  • Dry with air compressor
  • Oil bath in the ultrasonic cleaner
  • Clear any excess oil with air compressor
  • Wipe down
  • Reassemble
It takes about 5 minutes of work per pistol and leaves them cleaner than an hour of detail strip and cleaning with dental tools. Of course the ultrasonic will get the detail strip cleaned that much better and faster too.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And you still have no need of plastic.

Nemo :sneaky:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts