Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I’ve just received my last IWB holster. I ordered the Stealthgear appendix IWB holster for my Sig P229 (see signature for details) and it came yesterday (two weeks turnaround).

I already have two other IWB holsters: the Galco Triton; and a Bianchi Model 100. My firearm rattled a little in the Galco, the grip rode a little low for my taste, and after an hour or two it would start hurting my hip. The major issue with the Bianchi was the clip. Although it never came off my belt, it would tilt backwards and forwards as I sat or swatted. And, it too would start hurting my hip at the bottom of the holster after a few hours. So, I’m hoping that the Steathgear, with its VentCore backing, and its dual clips, will address the hip pain and rotation issue.

Initial impression: Seems well made; the firearm fit is very good; I like the ride height; the clips are the exact size for a 1.5†belt. And even though it’s labeled as an appendix holster, I’ll wear it at 3:00 position, at least until I lose some more weight.

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Two day in

Still liking the holster. Really liking the two clip set-up. I'm relearning NOT to fidget with the holster every time I get up from a chair or out of my vehicle.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5 Days In

Still really liking it. I wore it to church on Sunday, with a lot of walking, sitting, and standing. Very comfortable, and the two clips allow for flexibility as I'm moving around, but without the gun shifting too much.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I bought one, but promptly returned it. Despite being very well made, in was unbearably uncomfortable for me with my Glock 43. I tried every "ride height" and moved it around on my belt to different locations. It was painful to wear.

I have tried another appendix holster brand too for my previous Glock 26, and got the same results. It must be my build. I am neither skinny nor fat (not saying the OP is either one of those - just giving a reference). Appendix carry just will not work for me.

But I did keep my regular Stealthgear Revolution IWB holster, and use it often. It too was very well made at a fair price.

·
Registered
847 Posts
That must be the case. Some people say it is extremely comfortable. It hurt me, and I could plainly see a bulge there in a mirror, much more pronounced than the slight bulge on my hip from regular IWB carry.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Try a holster actually designed for AIWB carry as opposed to these holsters being passed off as AIWB holsters. There are particular features essential to a good AIWB holster, like tucking in the pistol grip towards the body.

In all honesty, hybrid holsters for AIWB carry are terribly inferior to a quality all kydex or all leather rig. Not to mention, you can usually get a good purpose-built AIWB holster for cheaper than SG's over-priced crap.

JM Custom Kydex AIWB
Custom Carry Concepts Shaggy

The lead times may be a bit long, but these two are among some of the most well-respected holster makers for both quality and customer service. If they don't work for you, you can typically return the holster or even sell it off fairly quick.

It is worth noting though that AIWB isn't for everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts