Stay hydrated out there

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by 45_Fan, Jun 5, 2016.

1. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

I lost 1.4 lbs on a 10 mile run today. I drank 24 oz before leaving and finished off a little over 2 quarts during the run. That's down a net of 22 oz or total of 110 oz. Dang.

Anyway...:woohoo:...I had calories to spare so I ate cobbler for desert!

2. Solomon_G

Solomon_G New Member

Did someone say cobbler!!

Yea man i drink water like it going out of style when out in the heat, I'm a sweater...so it's easy for me to lose weight in no time.

Putting it back on....not as easy.

3. zetor

zetor Gaston beat up John

That's great 45_Fan.
    I work out side a lot and drink about a gallon a day. If I get behind on water consumption it takes a very long time to get caught back up.

4. jlcnuke

jlcnuke New Member

I've resorted to using the IV fluid places a couple times. Generally only when I was too dumb to keep hydrated but still had later plans outside and knew I wouldn't be able to comfortably drink enough fluids to get hydrated in time.

5. MouserGun

MouserGun New Member

I hate you, LOL

6. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Ah...great time to stay inside. I do not miss the days of being out on the flightline sweating my ass off trying to get a broke jet off the ground. Meh!

7. zetor

zetor Gaston beat up John

Fri..93
    Sat..94
    Sun..95
    Mon..94
    Tues..94
    For sandy springs area

8. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

9. phaed

phaed Active Member

i've had a soldier have a heat stroke before...scary stuff. she was humping a ruck through the woods, and bam! just fell flat on her face. we got her ruck off, and she went into a full body seizure. we got her evac'd out and she was fine later, but i never want to see anyone else go through that again when it's so avoidable. drink water and don't get too hot. enjoy those air conditioners...i sure as hell do now.

10. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Remember, if you don't have to pee, you're not drinking enough.

I handle a ton of heat related emergencies at one of my jobs. Water, water, water. Sugar and caffeine kill in the heat.

11. Solomon_G

Solomon_G New Member

lol...when i moved to Georgia about 2 years ago...i was 210 lbs + -,
    Started working and within 3 to 4 months i had lost 20+, I felt good around that weight, I'm 5' 10"....but for some reason lately i have dropped another 20, now I'm at 170...been trying to put at least 10 back on....can't do it.

I suppose that fact that i don't like to eat at work, put in 10 hrs a day....and the heat are clues as to why though. blarg!

12. MouserGun

MouserGun New Member