Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost 1.4 lbs on a 10 mile run today. I drank 24 oz before leaving and finished off a little over 2 quarts during the run. That's down a net of 22 oz or total of 110 oz. Dang.

Anyway...:woohoo:...I had calories to spare so I ate cobbler for desert!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Did someone say cobbler!!

Yea man i drink water like it going out of style when out in the heat, I'm a sweater...so it's easy for me to lose weight in no time.

Putting it back on....not as easy.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
That's great 45_Fan.
I work out side a lot and drink about a gallon a day. If I get behind on water consumption it takes a very long time to get caught back up.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
That's great 45_Fan.
I work out side a lot and drink about a gallon a day. If I get behind on water consumption it takes a very long time to get caught back up.
I've resorted to using the IV fluid places a couple times. Generally only when I was too dumb to keep hydrated but still had later plans outside and knew I wouldn't be able to comfortably drink enough fluids to get hydrated in time.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Ah...great time to stay inside. I do not miss the days of being out on the flightline sweating my ass off trying to get a broke jet off the ground. Meh!

·
Registered
9,458 Posts

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
i've had a soldier have a heat stroke before...scary stuff. she was humping a ruck through the woods, and bam! just fell flat on her face. we got her ruck off, and she went into a full body seizure. we got her evac'd out and she was fine later, but i never want to see anyone else go through that again when it's so avoidable. drink water and don't get too hot. enjoy those air conditioners...i sure as hell do now.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Remember, if you don't have to pee, you're not drinking enough.

I handle a ton of heat related emergencies at one of my jobs. Water, water, water. Sugar and caffeine kill in the heat.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I hate you, LOL
lol...when i moved to Georgia about 2 years ago...i was 210 lbs + -,
Started working and within 3 to 4 months i had lost 20+, I felt good around that weight, I'm 5' 10"....but for some reason lately i have dropped another 20, now I'm at 170...been trying to put at least 10 back on....can't do it.

I suppose that fact that i don't like to eat at work, put in 10 hrs a day....and the heat are clues as to why though. blarg!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts