1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,264342,00.html

Littleton Parents Decry Statue of Navy SEAL With Gun
Friday, April 06, 2007

Parents in Littleton, Colo., the site of one of the worst school shootings in U.S. history, are outraged about the placement and image of a statue honoring a local fallen Navy SEAL.

Parents say that a statue made in honor of Navy SEAL Danny Dietz, which depicts the soldier with an automatic rifle in his hands, praises violence in a location near three schools and two playgrounds, according to the Denver Post.

"I don't think young children should be exposed to that in that way â€" unsupervised by their parents or any adults," said Emily Cassidy, one of the mothers, reported the Post.

Littleton city officials say the protests are too late, as the statue has already been cast.

Dietz, 25, and three other Navy SEALS were killed in Afghanistan in June 2005 after they were ambushed by Al Qaeda guerrillas. Dietz was proclaimed a hero after he reportedly fought off attackers while severely wounded so a fellow team member could escape.

Dietz’s family is surprised at the controversy.

"It broke our hearts. My son was fighting for her freedom to do exactly what she is doing," said his father, Dan Dietz, referring to those who are protesting the statue. "She put my son in the same category as Columbine. How does she have the audacity to do that?"

Two Columbine High School seniors went on a bloody shooting rampage on April 20, 1999, slaughtering 12 students and a teacher before killing themselves.
Sigh.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Right because what two maladjusted evil youths did, has in anyway significance to a Navy Seal who has given his life, so that mom and pa can sleep at night knowing that Good Men stand by to do Bad Things to the Really Bad Guys.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
just looked at the story in the den. post,sounds like the memorial is going forward,set to be unveiled on 4th of july,the opinion poll in the paper was running 3 to 1 in favor :D

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
These are the same idiots that forgot Pearl Harbor, 911, and the many other countless attacks on americans protecting our freedoms.

I would say until another attack happens on a larger scale (something like the show Jericho) these people wont get it. If even that will ever snap them out of there complete stupid!

Anybody who demoralizes any of our troops deserve to loose that freedom!

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,831 Posts
Sharky said:
These are the same idiots that forgot Pearl Harbor, 911, and the many other countless attacks on americans protecting our freedoms.

I would say until another attack happens on a larger scale (something like the show Jericho) these people wont get it. If even that will ever snap them out of there complete stupid!

Anybody who demoralizes any of our troops deserve to loose that freedom!
+1

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
What about all of those books I have seen in school about the revolution and other wars. If I remember most of them showed guns in the hands of what many call our forefathers... No not in schools... ahhhhhhhhhh... just think of all of us poor children back then... ahhhh :!: Maybe that was a way for them to get into my mind and why I joined the Army :?:

What do they want to do about all those photos,,, photo edit out all the guns,,, Patton would roll in his grave without his pistols :(

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,831 Posts
The children need to learn that it takes brave men with guns to protect this great countryand to make sure that we keep our freedoms. If it wasn't for them, we would not be free to put up a statue of a fallen hero in the first place. We would not have the freedom to debate the issues, or to disagree with our government. We would live in a country without freedom, without rights, and in all likelyhood with out our guns. The children of this country need to learn, that it's amred, trained soldiers that are responsible for our freedoms and our independence. We fight for our 2nd amendment rights, but it's our children that will have to protect those rights in the future, and their children after them.

I say, "Leave the statue alone!" After all, it's for the children.

·
68,665 Posts
"I don't think young children should be exposed to that in that way â€" unsupervised by their parents or any adults," said Emily Cassidy, one of the mothers, reported the Post.
What? Is it a naked statue or something? Maybe these people are just so intelligent that simpletons like us will never grasp their logic.

·
Romans 10:13
4,632 Posts
What? A Navy Seal without his weapons? :screwy:

·
Registered
824 Posts
There's a statue of Lenin in downtown Seattle. I don't think anyone should be exposed to that without pictures of the millions Marxism has killed.

I must go read Kim Du Toit's seminal essay http://www.theothersideofkim.com/index.php/essays/41/ (yet again!) to cleanse my mind of the spectre that is the citizenry of Littleton, Colorado.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Truman!

In response to Washington Post Music Critic Paul Hume's December 6, 1950, review of Margaret Truman's singing performance at Constitution Hall, stating,

"Miss Truman is a unique American phenomenon with a pleasant voice of little size and fair quality … (she) cannot sing very well … is flat a good deal of the timeâ€"more last night than at any time we have heard her in past years … has not improved in the years we have heard her … (and) still cannot sing with anything approaching professional finish."

President Truman responded with the following letter to Hume:

THE WHITE HOUSE

WASHINGTON

Dec. 6, 1950

Mr. Hume:

I've just read your lousy review of Margaret's concert. I've come to the conclusion that you are an "eight ulcer man on four ulcer pay."

It seems to me that you are a frustrated old man who wishes he could have been successful. When you write such poppy-cock as was in the back section of the paper you work for it shows conclusively that you're off the beam and at least four of your ulcers are at work.

Some day I hope to meet you. When that happens you'll need a new nose, a lot of beefsteak for black eyes, and perhaps a supporter below!

Pegler, a gutter snipe, is a gentleman alongside you. I hope you'll accept that statement as a worse insult than a reflection on your ancestry.

H.S.T.
http://www.trumanlibrary.org/trivia/letter.htm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts