Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

States with no reciprocity with Georgia

4K views 47 replies 21 participants last post by  Bulldawg182 
#1 ·
I hate states that don't reconize GFL. I'm pissed I have to fly to California Friday for my sister's wedding, and leave my Baby G home. BTW, throw South Carolina and Philadelphia on the list. I have to drive to Phily this year for family reunion and, through SC to get to Camp Lejuene.

#2 ·
I normally do not post in this section, but I could not resist asking why you think you must leave babyG at home while in Philly? Pa. recognizes Georgia's license.

Also, while you cannot carry in SC, you may have it in the car and hotel.

#3 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
I normally do not post in this section, but I could not resist asking why you think you must leave babyG at home while in Philly? Pa. recognizes Georgia's license.

I need got back and check the list then, but I believe there are a few states that I have drive through that don't. I don't like taking chances in SC. I was advised to buy a crap gun for traveling through SC because the police are known for confiscating guns during stops.

#4 ·
When I drive to St Louis next month I'm putting a sticky note on the steering wheel that says "Nearing the KY/IL state line? UNLOAD NOW". There are two states that I will be driving through that don't recognize my GFL, IL (a no carry state) and AR (no reciprocity w/GA). I'm fairly familiar with TN carry laws, they aren't too different than ours. KY has reciprocity and I'll just be driving through. Driving through IL has been adressed already. MO has reciprocity, but i'll have to research what's off limits, since we'll be spending a few days in St Louis. Driving through AR, no recprocity there, I'll have to look into their car carry laws. Lastly, a few days in Memphis, then home.

#5 ·
All of Pennsylvania recogzines the GFL including Philadelphia.

If you are paranoid you can get a Pennsylvania LTCF through the mail in about a week and it costs like $20.

#7 ·
triggerman357 said:
Malum Prohibitum said:

I need got back and check the list then, but I believe there are a few states that I have drive through that don't. I don't like taking chances in SC. I was advised to buy a crap gun for traveling through SC because the police are known for confiscating guns during stops.
I've read these rumors about S. Carolina. That said, I think you'll be safe if you just leave your gun in the glove box, it is legal to carry a loaded gun like that over there without a license.

But I can't stand going anywhere that I can't CCW.

#13 ·
ptsmith24 said:
wsweeks2 said:
Just got back from a multi-state trip which was mainly spent in the PR of Maryland.

Anyone know of any state that issues non-resident licenses which are allowed in Delaware as well?
Arizona, Florida, North Dakota, Tennessee, and Utah.

http://www.packing.org/state/delaware/

:righton:
I would verify TN. I believe that they will only issue a nonres permit if you spend more than X number of days per month working in TN.

#14 ·
Adam5 said:
ptsmith24 said:
wsweeks2 said:
Just got back from a multi-state trip which was mainly spent in the PR of Maryland.

Anyone know of any state that issues non-resident licenses which are allowed in Delaware as well?
Arizona, Florida, North Dakota, Tennessee, and Utah.

http://www.packing.org/state/delaware/

:righton:
I would verify TN. I believe that they will only issue a nonres permit if you spend more than X number of days per month working in TN.
Yea. I guess I failed to mention the details. I simply looked up Delaware on packing.org and went by which ones would be accepted. I thought it would at least be a good starting point. :p

#15 ·
I'm just trying to figure out which non-resident permit I can get that will give me the most coverage of the US in addition to a GFL. My mother-in-law to be lives in Delaware and we will be there a few times a year, so that is one state I'd like to have covered.

#16 ·
wsweeks2 said:
I'm just trying to figure out which non-resident permit I can get that will give me the most coverage of the US in addition to a GFL. My mother-in-law to be lives in Delaware and we will be there a few times a year, so that is one state I'd like to have covered.
I heard Utah was a good one to have. But it doesn't look like much of the Northeast beside DE is covered. :(

#17 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:

Malum you forget triggerman gets that extra charge. DWB.(Driving While Black)

#18 ·
ber950 said:
Malum Prohibitum said:

Malum you forget triggerman gets that extra charge. DWB.(Driving While Black)
All the more reason not to leave it at home . . .

I would never advise him not to speak on political subjects or pray over his meal because the local police do not like black Georgians exercising the First Amendment and are likely to harass him. In fact, if he cared to hear what I had to say on the subject, I would probably tell him to go ahead and do both.

#19 ·
triggerman357 said:
You can just take your French gun with you ;)

Oh, and I feel your pain about CA since I gotta head out there soon, too.

Does FL license have reciprocity in CA, or are they a no carry state?

#20 ·
CA is not "no carry." In fact, if you have a California license, you are in much better shape than if you are in Georgia. For instance, there is a law against carrying in the Governor's mansion, but, if you have a license, you are exempt (the statute says that). Same goes for schools, government buildings, mass transportation, etc. Basically nothing is off limits.

With that having been said, they will not recognize your Florida license.

#25 ·
tace said:
triggerman357 said:
You can just take your French gun with you ;)

Oh, and I feel your pain about CA since I gotta head out there soon, too.

Does FL license have reciprocity in CA, or are they a no carry state?
Tell me about it. I am here in Anaheim right now and hate the fact that I can't pack. :x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.