States Challenge Nat'l Driver's License

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Rammstein, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

2. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

If I remember, the reason that the Georgia Legislature was looking at blocking the REAL ID act, was that they wanted assurances that the information would be protected. Until they are satisfied that private information would be adequately protected, they are planning on blocking Georgia's conmpliance with the REAL ID Act.

"State government officials "have said clearly, this Real ID Act will 'impose technological standards and verification procedures, many of which are beyond the current capacity of even the federal government,'" said Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) in a speech last night, even though he voted for the measure. Several senators had requested that the driver's license measures be removed from the supplemental bill."

above from:
    http://www.fcw.com/article88832-05-11-05-Web

Unfortunatly I don't have any quotes by Georgia Legislature's as of yet, but I think I originally heard about it on Georgia Public Broadcasting, in a news segment.

*edit*
    Ran into some more forums regarding REAL ID act
    http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/02/05/133210.shtml

and the AP news here
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070204/D8N2UVDG0.html

3. Foul

Foul New Member

First thing I'm doing with mine, if passed, is throwing it in the microwave.

4. Foul

Foul New Member

Yea, but it sure is fun. :twisted:

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

That would be your GA drivers license you are destroying.

6. Foul

Foul New Member

Not to melt it, but to wipe out any data placed on it.

7. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

If you have a new passport go ahead and toss that in the microwave as well.

8. Foul

Foul New Member

I refuse to get a passport.
    Why would I want to visit another country that will more than likely spit on me, try to kill me and/or not allow my firearm(s)?
    To hell with the rest of the world. We have enough battles to fight here.

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

slabertooch, I see you didn't click the Source link in my post. It's the same article. :D

As for the REAL ID, I will find a way to wipe the electronic information. I will not willingly participate in violations of civil liberties.

10. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Ah yes, the little blue thingy at the bottom of your post, I salute you sir, for your mastery of concealment. :bowdown:

As for me too, I have a feeling that mine will "mysteriously need to be replaced many many times" hmmm maybe that's the key, a little civil disobedience of a just a few million people needing "replacements" could throw it out of whack. But it would have to happen in the beginning.

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

My ninja skills win again!

[​IMG] :D