Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another user(45_Fan) mention in addition to emailing my state house rep about current/upcoming bills to express my support I might try to arrange a meeting to get to know the rep. Seems like a good thought to me.

Is there any one else in the 59th house district who would like to coordinate at meeting with our house rep?

If interested just post here or PM me if you don't want to give up your location and we can try to schedule a time. We all should live close looking at the district map.

·
Registered
294 Posts
District 59, as in Rep Kaiser? I'll go. But you should go check out her voting record if you haven't already. Her record demonstrates she is not in favor of 2d Amendment rights. Though I do think I agree with her on some of the other issues she cares about.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cartman said:
District 59, as in Rep Kaiser? I'll go. But you should go check out her voting record if you haven't already. Her record demonstrates she is not in favor of 2d Amendment rights. Though I do think I agree with her on some of the other issues she cares about.
Yep it is Kaiser. Yeah her voting record has not been the best.

I have been thinking when we meet with her if we want to bring up past votes in the conversation. I don't know yet, what do you think?

I would like to find out is how she personally comes to decisions on her votes. Picks randomly out of hat, mostly follows political party, which ever group is the loudest in support of it, etc...

For example HB40 http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/en-US/display.aspx?Legislation=32033 what caused her to put forward this bill.

Have you ever meet with her?

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
Here's my :2cents: - if she has supported things that you do agree with - start there. Tell her you appreciated her vote on XYZ etc. maybe a couple of things and then start with the votes on 2A issues you are concerned with. Again, just my :2cents:

I would try this with my rep and sen but I don't agree w/ any of their votes... (sarc) :)

Good luck and let us know how it goes. The GA is in session now so it may be tough to get in front of her.

·
Registered
294 Posts
BSC: Agreed 100%, that was in my mind as how to proceed.

XD: I tried to engage her in an email conversation last year. I started wtih an email asking her to support the 2 pending pro-2A bills (referencing them by number, not by 2A). she replied she would investigate the bills and get back to me. I immediately replied to her with an email containing links to the current online versions of the bills. Never heard back after that... I am sure she was busy as they were in session.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
I applaud y'all for trying this. Take her out to lunch if possible. Get to know her.

Read this: A FIVE-MINUTE HANDBOOK FOR GUN RIGHTS ACTIVISTS

It will be an uphill battle, but personal contact never hurts to try. If you are unable to get her support when she comes up for re-election find a candidate that will support carry laws and help them get elected.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Still interested XD9? I have some time over the next 2-3 weeks. I was cleaning out my office and found some printouts from votesmart.org I complied last year during the legislative session, which reminded me of this thread. let me know and we can coordinate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts