Stars and Strikes

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by ForsythGlock, Oct 8, 2010.

1. ForsythGlock

ForsythGlock Member

Saw this sign at the Stars and Strikes in Cumming this evening. I had not noticed it before, but I don't visit very often, so I am not sure if this is new. I do know that there was at least one concealed firearm (G26) in their establishment this evening.

[​IMG]

2. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

I've been bowling with my carry piece (CC) on quite a few occasions. Even had a MWAG
    call once though I was not even questioned, just observed by quite a few of Savannah's
    finest for a little bit. Made me somewhat nervous, but I got over it. The alley still hasn't
    posted a no firearms sign as far as I know. I'm sure the LEOs informed them that citizens
    can legally carry weapons in this day and age (no matter what they were conditioned to
    believe growing up). May have even opened a couple of their eyes that even they may do
    so legally. I don't know, and I'm not going to ask to find out :wink: .

If you'll be CCing when bowling, then you need to pay even better attention to your
    attire because you're a lot more likely to print than in other activities (If you're OC, then
    it doesn't really matter :shattered: ).

3. daily packer

daily packer New Member

Ok i'll be the one to ask.... why go if they dont want you there? Isnt there somewhere better to spend your hard easrned money?! :roll:

4. ForsythGlock

ForsythGlock Member

We went for my son's 9th Bday celebration, and I did not know of their views before we made the plans. I would not go back to Starts and Strikes, but I was not going to tell my son/wife/guests that they could not go ahead with the party.

5. dunkel

dunkel New Member

I know a guy that works for Stars and Strikes. I'll bring this to his attention. Probably won't change anything, but it's not really a huge company or anything, so you never know.

6. The Bull

The Bull Member

I happin to know the owner. He is from the Penn/NJ/NY area... You know how they are with there gun laws up there

7. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

FIFY PA has some of the best laws in the country, and is OC without a permit.

ETA: The city of Philadelphia is the only thing that keeps PA from becoming a gold state.

8. The Bull

The Bull Member

Thanks for the correction I should have not generalized but ill ask the owner

9. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I'll stop by sometime with my ball and shoes, and show them my GFL, and ask them what's their problem with my carrying a gun, since I have a permit signed by a judge that says I can.
    If they back down, and say the sign is just for insurance purposes and they didn't want to put it up, great.
    I'll carry there anyway and keep giving them my business.
    If the stand by their sign and eagerly defend it, I'll take my business elsewhere. And by leaving with my balls and shoes in hand, it shows them I'm a real customer that they're losing, not just anonymous some dude who made a phone call or sent an e-mail.

10. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

You da' man!