stairclimbing hand truck

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by moga, Oct 9, 2007.

1. moga

moga New Member

Anyone know where I can rent one of these?

Need to buy a quality safe in the foreseeable future. I can't swallow paying a few bozos nearly the price of a good safe to do what I could with 30 minutes and a stairclimber.

I'll be moving about 800 lbs. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

2. N.T.F.S.

N.T.F.S. Active Member

3. Wiley

Wiley Guest

4. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

FYI, I paid a delivery company to bring in my safe, 500 pounds. They had 3 steps to deal with. They had a stair climbing dolly.

It was, well, entertaining... There's still a bit of work with a stair dolly; you'll have to balance it, tip it upright after every step, etc. Not a job I'd recommend you do alone. They had a difficult time getting it down the stairs and in place.

Do a dry run first, make sure you've got a good plan and enough space to make it work. 800lbs is not bad on a dolly, but it'd suck to have it slide down your stairs :lol:

5. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Have you shopped around for the safe? When I bought mine, delivery was included, which required a full set of stairs. It didn't look like something I'd want to attempt.

I would think a decent safe shop would charge approximately the same as it would cost you to rent one yourself + the hassle of getting/returning it.

6. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Or, you know, through the stairs.

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

That's not a problem. You'd just have a new storage place/hideout.

8. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Hell, winch it out and you've got a (small) zombie pit. Just fireproof the sides, install a solid hood above it, and you're good for mild zombie attacks.

9. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

A few sharpened stakes and a rug, you've got a Burmese tiger pit.
    Or you could just fill it with water

10. moga

moga New Member

The delivery stops at the curb, unfortunately.

Cavediver, would you recommend the services that you secured? What was their going rate? Bersa 380, M&P 9, or Sig 229R money?

Also, thanks for the reality check. I'll keep it in mind.

11. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

I bought the safe from a place called "Bernies" in Lilburn. They did the delivery for about $200, but I live pretty close to them.