Stabbing in Yellow River Park?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Gwinnett County bans the carry of firearms in its parks, and posts signs at Yellow River Park. Ber950 informs me that there was a stabbing in Yellow River Park within the last two weeks. I cannot find a news story.

Anybody else have it (online or print?)

2. Malum Prohibitum

I cannot find anything in the cop briefs at the AJC, the Gwinnett Daily Post, or the Gwinnett Citizen.

3. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Here it is

Dogwalker stabbed in Gwinnett park

By GEORGE CHIDI , SUSAN GAST
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 01/03/07

An argument between two men walking dogs in a Gwinnett park apparently escalated into a stabbing Wednesday.

The fight left one man fighting for his life at Emory East Side Hospital and the other man in handcuffs. Police have not identified the stabbing victim, nor the suspect in custody.

Police said the victim was not breathing when he arrived at the hospital. The man was taken into surgery in serious condition, said Sheila Adcock, a hospital spokeswoman.

Police believe that the two men had been walking dogs at Yellow River Regional Park at about 4 p.m., said Sgt. Eric Edkin, a Gwinnett County police officer with the county's homicide unit at the scene.

He said he didn't think the two knew each other. The victim had been with an unidentified third person during the fight, Edkin said. Police did not say what the argument was about.

Police said the stabbing occurred near the southernmost entrance of the park, which leads to Juhan Road.

The man suspected of the stabbing left the scene, and police arrested him at his home, police said.

4. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Yeah, i wonder how many people dont carry in any of these parks.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Thanks, Sharky!
    :?

http://www.scangwinnett.com/index.php

6. Sharky

Sharky New Member

7. Sharky

Sharky New Member

So after reading the Georgia Carrying page is Mike Beaudreau the correct person to email?

From the GCO page.....
    "GCO needs your help. It is time for Gwinnett County residents to contact their county commissioners and demand that they repeal their preempted ordinance and remove the signs. GCO has confirmed that the local solicitor’s office will prosecute people caught carrying firearms in the park, in spite of the state law preempting this ordinance."

Mike.Beaudreau@gwinnettcounty.com

8. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Chairman is:

Or should I email the following as well, being he is the chairman and all.

Commission Chairman:
    Charles Bannister
    Charles.Bannister@gwinnettcounty.com

9. Malum Prohibitum

Sharky, you actually have a PM waiting on you.

10. Sharky

Sharky New Member

MP you have a response.

11. Malum Prohibitum

12. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

The county anti gunners will probably argue that if guns were allowed one of guys would have 100% been killed along with a handful of innocent bystanders rather than they guy just having a knife... They will happily ignore that if someone had been around with a firearm they might have been able to prevent the stabbing.

13. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Hey MP, just a FYI. If you want to keep the video up I'd suggest ripping it from the fox site and having it hosted on youtube.

They clear out their old videos pretty quickly on most news sites. So if you wanted to have this up for people to see months later that is what I advise.

14. Malum Prohibitum

While I recognize the names of the web sites to which you refer, I have no idea how to effect the desired result of which you speak. :oops:

15. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Here is another one, although I don't know if firearms are prohibited at this park.

Found at Malums link

http://www.scangwinnett.com/index.php

16. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I can teach you if you would like.

17. Malum Prohibitum

=D>

http://georgiacarry.org/cms/2007/01/04/ ... nty-parks/ :wink:

18. Malum Prohibitum

Sure! :D I take in education whenever I can!