Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
68,657 Posts
:shock: I have carried there several times . . .

Who owns it?

It can't be a state park. If it is otherwise public, it strikes me that it should not be off limits. I don't think it is private.

Maybe municipal?

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was there recently.

I'm unaware of the area being inside of an incorporated city. Is there one on St. Simons Island? If anything government it is probably Glynn County.

Anyway, there is a permanent marker in the bushes to the left before you get on the pier. The bushes are overgrown so it is hard to read. It says something about the chamber of commerce in relation to the pier. I think the official name is the "New" St. Simons Pier. Built in the mid 1970s.

I don't know much more than that. I don't think you could consider the pier a building.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
It is county controled, and yes there is a local law against it.

Found the ordinance on their website http://glynncounty.org/archives/41/2-11.pdf

2-11-7 Explosives and Weapons.
It shall be unlawful for any person to use or possess in any Park, Historic Site or Recreational Area any fireworks, explosives or firecrackers, or sparklers, glow worms, noise makers, poppers, and snappers. It shall be unlawful for any person to use or possess in any Park, Historic Site or Recreational Area, or St. Simons Island Pier or on the sidewalks on Mallory Street from King’s Way to the Pier, any firearms, bows and arrows, spring guns, air rifles, slingshots, or any other device which discharges projectiles by any means. (O#2005-08)
2-11-10 Penalty for Violation.
Any person who violates any provision of this Ordinance, or who shall assist another in violating the provisions of this Ordinance shall, upon conviction thereof in the Glynn County Magistrate Court, be punished for a misdemeanor as provided in the Code of Ordinances.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought GCO would like to know about this. 8)

Looks like one more county added to the list for trying to ban guns.

·
68,657 Posts
Gunstar1 said:
It is county controlled, and yes there is a local law against it.

Found the ordinance on their website . . .
:banghead:

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The sign looks pretty new so I'm guessing that they want to try to enforce this.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
My wife and I are going to be staying on Tybee not this weekend, but next. I'll check it out, and see if the sign is still up, and report back.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,146 Posts
It ought to be legal to shoot trap and skeet off that pier.
It's not, I know. But it should be. It's a great place for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts